Development on the "Impeach Bliar" front...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Nov 4, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Don't know how much it will get done, signed up, donation sent anyway never like people with two faces and double standards, especially ones who think that they are better than the people that they are meant to serve 8)
  3. Sat 6 Nov 2004 9:04pm (UK)
  4. Not likely to happen I know, but on the off chance: Are there any volunteers (ability with axes required) for a supporting role in a morning's entertainment on Tower Hill? :twisted:
  5. Never forget Blair is a lawyer, what did we expect? nuff said?
  6. More on the impeachment question. This from AFP based on a report in today's Independent on Sunday.

full story at
  8. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

Are the Tories resigned to being in opposition forever? Why on earth would the front bench be told not to sign it? :?
  9. Probably because it's regarded as a frivolous motion with no hope of success. Sadly. :cry:
  10. Can a Prime Minister be "impeached"?
    maybe censured or reprimanded ?

To remove one wouldn't it take a vote of non-confidence, or a move of his own Party to change leader?
  11. Any politico can be impeached. They just don't want you to know that.

Notice how the standard-issue NuLab "It's obsolete" or "old fashioned" or "a relic" or "any other way of denigrating anything that started pre-1997" was trottedout.
    Don't talk about the issue, oh no, that would suggest that you had something other than contempt for any who disaggree. You must attack the process.

God, the only way I want to see this stinking govt is on spikes on London bridge.
  12. As a vote of the House of Commons is required to institute impeachment proceedings, the size of the present Labour majority does make it unlikely that impeachment proceedings will be successful. But there isn't any absolute reason why a Prime Minister (or ex-Prime Minister?) cannot be impeached.
  13. Yes, not unlike the lines from the Democrats when the move was to impeach Willie boy
  14. I thought that inpeaching a bloke for shagging a munter was a bit pointless though. It did rather diminish the system as a whole.
  15. Possibly. The Rhetoric on the subject from Democrats was the same though.

"I did not have sex with that woman....Monica Lewinsky" :lol: