Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deutschland 83...

It's a case of Reddit is your friend

Why are Irish getting it before us civilised people?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Watching 86 at the minute

It’s good but different

It’s possibly true storyline but seems a bit silly

The big shift in attitude started in Feb 85 when Gorby got power in Moscow. Things changed very quickly after that.

Deutschland 83 starts on channel 4 in about 3 minutes.

Deutschland 86 being shown on channel 4 on the 08/03/19 at 2100 hours.

SCROLL THROUGH THE VARIOUS CHANNEL 4 PROGRAMMES TONIGHT AS IT MAYBE ON 4 MORE ETC.

RTE

Blame Brexit

We had 83 first as well

Nothing to do with Brexit.

RTE has always scheduled their showing of anything noteworthy and purchased from another source (think Network Premiere) a day or so before the BBC or ITV air date. Where we lived during the analogue era you could get signals from UK and ROI broadcasting antenna so we were able to compare the two over quite a long period of time.

Nothing to do with Brexit.

RTE has always scheduled their showing of anything noteworthy and purchased from another source (think Network Premiere) a day or so before the BBC or ITV air date. Where we lived during the analogue era you could get signals from UK and ROI broadcasting antenna so we were able to compare the two over quite a long period of time.
Yes, in the 90s,Father Ted was banned in Ireland but people were still tuning in because they could get British Channel 4 signal, and still had higher ratings than local content

ugly

LE
D83 is being shown again (More4 I think)

I think its also available on all4 the amazon channel, quite good but not always understood why some programs get aired say the 1st Maigret with Rowan Atkinson and no others in the series (ITV player I think).

ugly

LE
Yes, in the 90s,Father Ted was banned in Ireland but people were still tuning in because they could get British Channel 4 signal, and still had higher ratings than local content
0A bought me the DVD set a few years ago. There are a series of postcards that appear to be made from storyboards from the filming. Too funny to send to anyone.

endure

GCM
Emirates showed the whole of D83 and D86 on their in flight entertainment system last month.