Detmold Pan 81

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by jonwilly, Feb 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Four memories from Detmold 9 Regt

Post Airtest Gaz XX 442 the Aviator and his trusty Mech Gus C. Is their a gleam in La Avitors Eye ?

[​IMG]

Day of the ‘Last Landing’ by 9 Regt Scouts at Detmold, all left for UK next day.
    Scout Gaz and Lynx ta’gether.

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/jonwilly/THREETAGETHER.jpg[/IMG]

The Original Mr.Angry John D. Later 4 Regt Mess Meetings where always entertaining. Splat, Crash, Bang, Wallop and another Gobber bit the dust. I’m sure RONBO approved.

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/jonwilly/MrANGRY.jpg[/IMG] jd

Not often I’m in Praise of TIFFS but Derek and Chiefy Steve where two of the best I worked for. In my 6 years at 9/4 Regt we had 3 navy chiefs all where excellent and put most of my breed to shame.

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/jonwilly/TOPTIFFS.jpg[/IMG]
    tiffs

john

2. Back to the drawing board.
    No idea why one photo posted and next three didn't.
    john

3. Lets try this.

[​IMG]

Day of the ‘Last Landing’ by 9 Regt Scouts at Detmold, all left for UK next day.
    Scout Gaz and Lynx ta’gether.
    john

4. And this

[​IMG]

The Original Mr.Angry John D. Later 4 Regt Mess Meetings where always entertaining. Splat, Crash, Bang, Wallop and another Gobber bit the dust. I’m sure RONBO approved.

john

5. Trying for 3 out of 3

[​IMG]

Not often I’m in Praise of TIFFS but Derek and Chiefy Steve where two of the best I worked for. In my 6 years at 9/4 Regt we had 3 navy chiefs all where excellent and put most of my breed to shame.

john

6. Because you lleft out the '[' before "IMG]"

7. Trusty Mechanic!!!

He forgot to refit the doors!!
    :applaud:

8. Black Sid still have problems where wiggly amps are concerned. Never had any form of teaching on computators and the age group I associate with are mainly less computer literate then me.
    Thats saying something since my 87 year old friend has had a computer for OVER 30 years (Word procesing for the Books he writes) and my Civil Engineer friend can write complex engineering programs, but probably knows less then I on Windows.
    Ta Sam, I live and learn.
    The last flight of the 9 Regt Scouts I have down as 03/12/81.
    john

9. [​IMG]

Gus and his Chuffer er driver ?

john

10. [​IMG]

Long before the new hangers.
    john

11. [​IMG]

Old friends but timex.
    john

12. [​IMG]

The shapre of THINGS ta cum
    john

13. John, your driver airframe was Benny Ben***d, photo 1980 vintage :thumleft:

14. Never.
    john
    Ah yes in those times we had interesting aviators they either filled ya in or flew away, just vanished.

15. Never.
    john
    Ah yes in those times we had interesting aviators they either filled ya in or flew away, just vanished.