Detention under cover

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by boney_m, Mar 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently watching the documentry detention under cover. I've never seen anything like it, the detention officer "woolfie" has to be seen to be believed. He's protraying the dictionary definition of raceism. Unbelievable.

2. Me too, I hope that this evidence is viewed by the police and the appropriate action taken. Love em or hate em, these people are in care and should not be abused. I wonder why the government uses these private companies. I suppose it is cheaper in the short term.
  3. Keeping a level head about it, most of the video footage is anicdotal, blokes gobbing off about what they have inflicted on their charges. This could be a load of bo11ocks, but some of the video is compelling. There are definately some inappropriate people employed to care for these people.

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

It will be interesting to see what happens to any of the custody officers if it's proved that they have abused people in their care, and compare with the recent Court Martial of soldiers accused of abusing looters.
  5. Good point VB

6. Total frustration having sat through that, not being a racist and working everyday with ethnic minorities I still felt that some of the guards in that documentary were edged into a comment,
    "They don't want to get on the plane after all?" it took them god knows what to get here of course they'll put up a fight?? What do they do? Smack em.....Racist? Play the good guy.....Riots! as seen only a couple of years back?

We all have a comment on immagrants but what is the solution? majority of these men are just doing their job?

Whinge Ends,

Littlejonny. :oops:
  7. I didn't rate the program that highly - you get bads eggs everywhere. And it's a doddle to 'infiltrate' these supposed hotbeds of disgrace. OK some of those guys are nasty pieces of work, but to be fair Oakington looks a lot better in the documentary than it did during my 5 years there. At least they've got double glazing and carpets now! We had floor bumpers and condensation.

...they come over and steal our jobs....and carpets...and double glazing...

I wonder how many people know that immigrants put more money into our economy than they take out.
  8. Yeah... I was sort of wondering about that (and some of the editing meself)

Journo (off camera):- "Here, can you beat up the wogs in here or what?"
    Other Guy (thinks):- "Fecking tosser"
    Other Guy (says):- "If you like, smack them about till they bleed.... Whatever turns you on"
    Other Guy (thinks):- "Just keep well away from from me, tosser"

I know that I've a habit of dealing with annoying individuals like that, tell them whatever they want to hear to keep the peace and make a mental note to avoid them in future.