DETAPO selection weekend...

Hello

I am due to go on DETAPO selection weekend next weekend...

I am expecting it to be a TAMB lite type affair - anyone got any advice?

I generally keep an eye out for current affairs anyway (except perhaps sport), I am proficient in putting my opinion across in debate and I am a confident person generally...

Is there anything else I should prepare for?

Ask questions. Learn properly about the process ahead. If you've already done your phase 1 try to get a list of dates for Module 2 not just with your brigade but other brigades too, just in case you can't make a weekend and need to catch up.

Alot of situations require you to listen and keep mouth shut. This first weekend shouldn't be like that but don't ask stupid questions. Just make sure you know where you stand and what options you have.

antphilip said:
Ask questions. Learn properly about the process ahead. If you've already done your phase 1 try to get a list of dates for Module 2 not just with your brigade but other brigades too, just in case you can't make a weekend and need to catch up.

Alot of situations require you to listen and keep mouth shut. This first weekend shouldn't be like that but don't ask stupid questions. Just make sure you know where you stand and what options you have.
Okay, I'll ask pertinent questions and be obviously interested

It seems there will be certain excercises and group discussions and general knowledge tests over the weekend.

Because I've also got my DETAPO selection weekend next weekend with London and it's down at Longmoor. Was merely asking to see if you were on the same weekend.
Feel free to PM me

cleanbluesky said:
Hello

I am expecting it to be a TAMB lite type affair - anyone got any advice?

I generally keep an eye out for current affairs anyway (except perhaps sport), I am proficient in putting my opinion across in debate and I am a confident person generally...

Is there anything else I should prepare for?
You'll be tested on all areas of general knowledge, not just what's been in the papers in the last few weeks. I would elaborate, but that would take the fun out of it! Just enjoy yourself on the weekend, you're not going to get that much information here that will help you. You sound prepared enough, just go for it.

Purple_Emperor said:
cleanbluesky said:
Hello

They select DETAPOs!!!??? 8O
I thought they just shook a tree and they fell out. Those who are suitably dazed confused are then launched at a huge feck off wall (Mod 4) via a catapult device (Mod 2, 3). Those that hit it and then manage to climb over their colleagues, treading a few fingers, standing on heads etc to get to the top are given a pip. Those that stick are just trodden on for a suitable time and try to work out a route over the top. People who bounce off generally leave of own accord or stag on (for life). Recruits that do not fall out of the tree are passed to the RMP for employment or any squadron in Hartlepool for execution. Others are directed into OR trades as deemed fit.

Simple really.

polar said:
Purple_Emperor said:
They select DETAPOs!!!??? 8O
Yep but I think its more of a SELECT * FROM RECRUITS WHERE POTENTIAL_LEADERSHIP_ABILITY is null
Tremendously helpful comment, it's nice to know we can rely on your continuing support, it really does make a difference.

Hardysa said:
Tremendously helpful comment, it's nice to know we can rely on your continuing support, it really does make a difference.
thanks I aim to please.

Although its good to hear some Bdes are selecting applicants (and not rejecting them well into their TA careers).

As you may have guessed I'm not a big fan of the scheme, why on earth the old system was ditched I'll never know.

Latest Threads