Detained for Offending Someone

One more slightly different version if you would?

It seems that a lot of airport security staff are very thin-skinned and sensitive. Perhaps dealing with public masses isn't the best role for them?
Thin skinned and sensitive..............seems to me that a lot of airport staff are muslim. Oh, and before the thought police jump all over me.......its an observation, not a bigoted remark.

NSP

LE
Well, I didn't want to mention it for fear of being labelled but, yes, I've observed the same. Young, male and with that air of arrogance that comes with them, too.

Well, I didn't want to mention it for fear of being labelled but, yes, I've observed the same. Young, male and with that air of arrogance that comes with them, too.
On my flights around and about the USA I watch TSA with some incredulous amusement. They do physical checks as you enter flightside and they reserve the right to check you again as you are boarding the aircraft. One time as I was in the queue to get onboard a dusky, arabby looking chap about 5 or 6 people in front of me was hoiked to one side, shoes off to check them, patted down, had to hand his carry on over to have that nosed through and was then demanded to produce ID, demanded, not asked. So he opens his wallet and hands over his US Army ID card looking the TSA smurf* supervisor straight in the eye. I thought he was going to get a BJ as an apology.

You mention an air of arrogance. I remember when this advert came out and a bunch of us were watching it, one of the multitude said ....."well, they've got the superior look down pat". Around about 48 seconds in.

*Note: TSA are known as smurfs because they are all in smurf blue.....and it's not an affectionate term.

Sigh

Should make Sluggy happy.

Sigh. :cry: I used to watch those lads on the after school music show on TV and I thought they were the mutt's nuts. At least one of them is gone now.

TSA agents are smurfs, possibly the same for some of the civvie security staff at Stansted Airport. Most of the are a tad thick, and devoid of any humour! (Allegedly of course)

"David Jones was held for questioning as he passed through X-ray scanners after asking why a veiled Muslim woman was not checked by airport security".

At least they didn`t make a monkee out of him.

Perhaps he was pissed off when she gave him this...

NSP

LE
On my flights around and about the USA I watch TSA with some incredulous amusement. They do physical checks as you enter flightside and they reserve the right to check you again as you are boarding the aircraft. One time as I was in the queue to get onboard a dusky, arabby looking chap about 5 or 6 people in front of me was hoiked to one side, shoes off to check them, patted down, had to hand his carry on over to have that nosed through and was then demanded to produce ID, demanded, not asked. So he opens his wallet and hands over his US Army ID card looking the TSA smurf* supervisor straight in the eye. I thought he was going to get a BJ as an apology.

You mention an air of arrogance. I remember when this advert came out and a bunch of us were watching it, one of the multitude said ....."well, they've got the superior look down pat". Around about 48 seconds in.

*Note: TSA are known as smurfs because they are all in smurf blue.....and it's not an affectionate term.
Erm, the clip ends at 48secs. Did you mean 38secs?

By the by, my first entry to the US circa 2003 saw me queueing for Immigration for about an hour and a half. Got to the desk, eventually, and this rather attractive but heavily-armed lady starts grilling me and going through the paperwork and taking my pic and prints. Meanwhile, on the back-to-back desk (so she had her back to it) there's a chick (I think) on what looked like a Saudi passport with the full eye-slit standing there. She rocks up after my interrogation starts and is on her way before mine is over, not having to lift her veil and confirm that she is a) a she and b) the face shown in the passport. Now, was it white Anglo-Saxons of a closely-allied nation nature or dusky Saudi nationals who hijacked and crashed some aeroplanes into US infrastructure not a couple of years previously?

And they wonder why the possibility exists that they might get zapped again (although they might have got their act together in the five years since I was last over there)...?

Erm, the clip ends at 48secs. Did you mean 38secs?
um, yes.

By the by, my first entry to the US circa 2003 saw me queueing for Immigration for about an hour and a half. Got to the desk, eventually, and this rather attractive but heavily-armed lady starts grilling me and going through the paperwork and taking my pic and prints. Meanwhile, on the back-to-back desk (so she had her back to it) there's a chick (I think) on what looked like a Saudi passport with the full eye-slit standing there. She rocks up after my interrogation starts and is on her way before mine is over, not having to lift her veil and confirm that she is a) a she and b) the face shown in the passport. Now, was it white Anglo-Saxons of a closely-allied nation nature or dusky Saudi nationals who hijacked and crashed some aeroplanes into US infrastructure not a couple of years previously?
Can't be seen to be singling out those of a similar ethnic background of those who are likely to commit heinous acts,............can we now.

And they wonder why the possibility exists that they might get zapped again (although they might have got their act together in the five years since I was last over there)...?
TSA is a joke on legs. Most educated people laughingly refer to it as a Federal employment scheme as in Florida you tend to find Hispanics as TSA, in Pennsylvania you tend to find blacks, in California a mix of white and Hispanic. Just find the most likely group to be unemployed in the area of an airport and those are the ones who will be working for TSA.

They have a peculiar set of powers too (very akin to what you would expect of an SS style organization, seriously) and have extended their mandate into Amtrak stations in some locations.

Latest Threads