Details on different Medical Regiments

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by CallYoung, Dec 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, I'm due to start my phase 1 in March as a CMT adn I've been doing a bit of proactive research on the different units and I've a few questions to ask about them that I can't find out anywhere.

1) why are there no details on 1 and 2 medical regiment on the Army website?

2) do the different medical regiments play a different role in peacetime and on operations?

3) is it possible to attach to infantry after getting to unit? If so, how likely?(i heard from the an officer at the selection and recruiter that it was possible)

Thanks for your time :)

2. "Hi all, I'm due to start my phase 1 in March as a CMT adn I've been doing a bit of proactive research on the different units and I've a few questions to ask about them that I can't find out anywhere.

1) why are there no details on 1 and 2 medical regiment on the Army website?

2) do the different medical regiments play a different role in peacetime and on operations?

3) is it possible to attach to infantry after getting to unit? If so, how likely?(i heard from the an officer at the selection and recruiter that it was possible)

Thanks for your time"

1) No idea

2) Peacetime they prepare to go on operations, On operations they use what they have learnt during peacetime

3) Not unheard of, however it would be more likely to be posted to a Infantry Regiment's Medical Centre once you reach Class 1 status, there are alot of detachments available from medical units.

Personally I would hold off worrying about such things until you are a little bit closer to achieving your dreams.

Good Luck.