Despised

#1
With a mentalist approach on ECI's and now inflicting competencies on the rest of the Army, are we to become the new AGC or even RMP ?
 
#2
No - you can't sink that low. Generally I even quite like you. Be Happy!
 
#5
superdriver said:
REME are the same as AGC and RMP toatally disliked,
Couldn't disagree with you more.

I find the Reems are one of the most likely to help out and have less knobbers than most. In fact the knobbers seem mainly to be the LE officers who have been promoted too quick as tiffies and haven't got a clue when it comes to people skills.
 
#6
Mentalist approach to ECI? Surely you jest! One example of a user obvious fault making an equipment non-taskworthy earns a Red grading for a unit, that's saner than a sane bloke eating sanity soup.

Wibble.
 
#8
ECI's, whats the problem? To quote a BEME in Tidders "Inspect 10% of equipments the book says, we are not here to witch hunt". 2 days later we inspected 20% of equipments as we had not found enough wrong with that units equipment care.

Where else can certain ex tiffies get there personal views and quirks about their idea on EC bandied about. How better to make a name for yourself than to dig and make a mountain out of a molehill due to a minor error in one set of 1004's.

Fortunatly the new civvy ECI teams seem to have no particular angle or axe to grind. Non the less if your hiding something they find it.

Personaly I love it when the ECI report comes back with statements such as " Many errors were found in several set of vehicle doc's"

That would be two faults, incorrect milage in one set of docs and wrong date on emmisions test results attatched to two 932 reports.
 
#9
The unit view on "new civvy ECI teams" seems to vary in direct relation to what they find in a unit... wonder why?

As for the rest of the corps, at least we still knock out good Barbecues..., and everybody loves a reccy mech when you're axle deep in landscape.
 
#10
Even the REME are starting to dispise the REME!

Dont get me wrong... I love it.... we are the best at BBQs and pissups and everyone seems to know that! but, i havnt met a young lad / lass yet that wants to make a career out of it! They are all counting the days until they can have their termination papers..... im totally fed up with trying to motivate people that just dont want to be motivated!
 

elovabloke

ADC
Moderator
#11
We always loved you - however your ability with B_B_Qs and piss ups, organising not participating in - would be questioned. :roll:
 
#12
We are so good at enjoying pi55 ups we dont even have to organise them, they happen.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#13
Never had a problem with Reems. Always been top lads in my book. I think the originator needs a hug.
 
#14
In the old days of PRE they´d be the odd muttered remark under your breath, but on the whole a good bunch of lads and lasses. Never waited longer than 4 hours to be recovered and amazing what the currency of "yellow handbags" could achieve :lol:
 
#15
In my vast and apposite experience, one of the best guys in all of the batteries I served in was always the LAD staffy. Keen, bright and professional without exception, they were always a useful asset. I remember one guy, tasked to provide en for on FTX in Germany improvising pyro, making a "disguise" for his 432 and carying out a text-bok CTR!

Hurrah for the REME. Now, Sappers on the other hand, don't get me started...:)
 
#16
Interesting comments...particularly regarding ECI, having been inspected recently by the 'new set up' in Germany i think it is a step in the right direction....but it is clearly still a 'witch hunt'. Such is life, we must be kept on our toes, all i would say is this...most equipment in my unit is older than the blokes that use/operate them, and do we have to be so twitchy about notice boards and piffle!!!??? really.

And please stop comparing us to our civilian counterparts...spares, training, experience....experience! we continually have to make a silk purse out of pigs ear...i was in the REME museum last week....half the kit in there is still in service!

Imust disagree with some of the comments though i believe we still provide a good service and are well respected, and if you let comments from ECI reports or OFT reports get to you, then you won't last long.

Skin's as thick as a pile of DES 2 binders!
 
#17
dingerr said:
superdriver said:
REME are the same as AGC and RMP toatally disliked,
Couldn't disagree with you more.

I find the Reems are one of the most likely to help out and have less knobbers than most. In fact the knobbers seem mainly to be the LE officers who have been promoted too quick as tiffies and haven't got a clue when it comes to people skills.
As a REME artisan through and through I totally agree there either young tiffies straight from Bordon without a clue (admin staffies)and nearly two years out of trade then at the end of desk management jobs as a AQMS/ASM there commissioned as LE Captains. Not seen dirt on there hands for over ten years since they were a CPl in some cases. Im not a bitter and twisted Artisan though just think Tiffy system is shite and too much excellent engineering talent and skills are lost from experienced Corporals who are loaded on tiffy courses too soon. I still think that if you mix well with the unit your with that you are well respected as REME, worked with tankies, infantry, Engineers, Artillery,medics, RCT and never had a problem.
MY WHINGE FOR THE DAY
 
#18
The IRON. You T**T. You make me ashamed to be an Artisan.
Stop picking on those poor tiffs. It's the system that done it to em. By the way you have now let yourself in for it as they are gonna spank your spelling and grammer.

Get a pot tiffy to do the typing for you, then you can beat him for not remembering their there's from their there's.

As for being despised, who cares. I despise everyone else anyway. ECI's, tiffy's other Corp's and regiments. Bring back trade pay. Bring back 3 day PAAB's. Christ! even I could pass the board these days. Oh, no I couldn't. Have not found a zip for me gob yet.

I am bitter and twisted, those who know me will verify this happily. I enjoy being bitter, it allows me to be the one to not nod my head at the ASM's conference.

Also being an Artisan near to the heady top of our tree I have the pleasure of being avoided during an ECI. The nig Tiff gets lumped with the book cooking, sorry 1002 rectification programe.

I also love the inter unit banter between first line REME and their parent unit. The invariable ability of ex RSM's now QM(T) to blame the units poor EC on the REME. QM (T**T) who is all of a sudden the world expert on equipment care. Amazing only the Army could allow a man who needs a map to find the tank park to be the man responsible for equipment care within a unit.

Hang on... bare with me, there's more....got a list of classic moans here somewhere............

Oh yeah! those usle............................................................................
 
#19
The_IRON said:
dingerr said:
superdriver said:
REME are the same as AGC and RMP toatally disliked,
Couldn't disagree with you more.

I find the Reems are one of the most likely to help out and have less knobbers than most. In fact the knobbers seem mainly to be the LE officers who have been promoted too quick as tiffies and haven't got a clue when it comes to people skills.
As a REME artisan through and through I totally agree there either young tiffies straight from Bordon without a clue (admin staffies)and nearly two years out of trade then at the end of desk management jobs as a AQMS/ASM there commissioned as LE Captains. Not seen dirt on there hands for over ten years since they were a CPl in some cases. Im not a bitter and twisted Artisan though just think Tiffy system is shite and too much excellent engineering talent and skills are lost from experienced Corporals who are loaded on tiffy courses too soon. I still think that if you mix well with the unit your with that you are well respected as REME, worked with tankies, infantry, Engineers, Artillery,medics, RCT and never had a problem.
MY WHINGE FOR THE DAY
The denigration you describe is not down to the "system" it is down to the individual. Most married full screws have self improvement ambition and very rightly so. Look out to civvy street nowadays, all have to face this challenge someday and easier it will be the earlier started.
I have a friend who lives close to me, an ex LE major. Both he and his wife still have to work in order to keep a roof over their heads. I saw him outside his house in February, his car was jacked up and he was lying underneath. I guess he hadn't forgot his early training.
Tb
 
#20
Manic_mechanic said:
The IRON. You T**T. You make me ashamed to be an Artisan.
Stop picking on those poor tiffs. It's the system that done it to em.

I agree with you that its not the lads fault, you cant suddenly go from being a great Corporal VM to being a shit tiffy my point was the system is shit. Been saying that for over 19 years now and cant understand why you get a good engineering brain who is good at his job send him on a 18 month course for him to be a admin and man manager and leave all the VM stuff to the artisan. It seems a waste to me, but im only an artisan. Im sure some Tiffy will come out with some clever response now, good on them.
 

Latest Threads

Top