Desperatley wanting a tour!!!!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by closeammunition, Sep 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hear plenty of people chimfing that they are always on tour, as am I myself....... but i again want to get on tour in march........... want to kit the house out with new stuff yet again.. is there any list of post avail that can be seen to see if my trade has anything going and what rank is req............. awaiting in hope........... ps belize fell through what a shock!!!!!
  2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Have you thought about signing on as an infantryman?
  3. no i left the life of the infantry for a better trade!!
  4. Belize fell through for me as well, instead they are sending pads with young newborn children who don't want to go...

I too am desperate to go on tour, no 2 or WIS, since I have been on the shit tours no-one else wanted because they are too important or something (TELIC 13 and NI duties over xmas), but there are no tours available for AT junior ranks until July '11.

I am being groomed for promotion next summer and would have to have a serious think about my career if I promote to Sergeant without a decent Afghan tour under my belt.
  5. Incidentally what are the chances for a tour out of trade as an infanteer? I'd glady go on tour and stag on for 6 months in a PB or FOB, I'm guessing there is no chance though :D
  6. msr

msr LE

Your local library may well offer you a tour, I can suggest the following: 1) a dictionary and 2) Fowler's Modern English Usage

7. That didn't make sense dear.

The lad can do a tour round my garden if he wants, if he is willing to work for free and snip the big bits back without getting shot at.

Why anyone would want to go on tour again just to get their house kitted out is beyond me. I'm not going to bite to this little **** though, so will sit patiently in chat waiting for people to abuse me.
  8. Keep pestering your CoC - Volunteer for driving details, speak with your RCMO, make yourself as annoying as possible until your unit organises a whip-round and pays to get you the feck away on tour! Good luck mate! :)
  9. Sluggo, you n me should go on tour mate. Where to? Well, start at K13 and work n, s e and w (as long as I never have to go to ******* Somalia again).
  10. If your unit is anything like mine, several trawls cross the Adjt/RAWO desk each week-let the CoC knw you want to go and good hunting
  11. Be grateful that you can at least ask, I'm in a 2 yr non-deployable job, not even an exercise to spice things up!
  12. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

I'll bite. Allow me. :)

I can well imagine why someone might want to go on tour again, if their tour happens consists of sitting inside the wire riding a desk, or even in a FOB, riding a slightly dustier desk.

I remember well what the lads we took over from said;
    "Don't worry about Bastion. Give it two weeks and you'll hate every ****** in here for being a REMF, whinging, useless cnut whos only worry is will there be enough hot water for a shower and will they get to have sex out here."

I laughed, called him a cynic and two weeks later hated every ****** in Bastion that never set foot outside that gate.

Being gripped by some uptight ******** because you're trying to get into the scoff house dirty and smelly when you've just rolled straight back into camp after a month on the ground living out of your bergen and you've not had a decent scran since the start whilst he's there in all his pressed and creased glory with that stupid ******* branch with brass on that some of them like to carry...

I understand jobs need to be done inside the wire, lets just have a bit of humility about it when the real fighting boys come back in. The ones that have lost friends, dodged bullets and lived in shit. Not much to ask, is it?

*End rant*