Desperately Seeking a Pile Liner for a Discontinued Barbour Jacket

foxs_marine

War Hero
I'm trying to find a pile liner for my Barbour Northumbria. The Northumbria is from the late 90s & is different to the Northumbria currently on sale. The liner is an A295 & I need a 50" chest measurement. Barbour tell me the A295 is discontinued so I've been looking online, so far without success. I'd be grateful if anyone has any suggestions for places I might try...

Thanks,

FM

foxs_marine

War Hero
I'm afraid so. The new generation of liners zip in, like the fleeces used by Berghaus. I need one of the old school types that snap in using press studs. I've found that there are 2 types of these, based on the length of the jacket. The shorter ones use the A297. The longer length jackets, like mine, need the A295 which has a longer length to match the jacket's length. Because of the length difference, the press studs don't match up between liner & jacket if you try to put an A297 in a Northumbria.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

ugly

LE
I'll have a look, when I picked up my last barbour it was on sale at the gun wharf outlet. I bagged a press stud liner beige fleecy thing but sadly the jacket was a zip. If I can find it its yours, it may be larger than 50 by a little.

foxs_marine

War Hero
I'll have a look, when I picked up my last barbour it was on sale at the gun wharf outlet. I bagged a press stud liner beige fleecy thing but sadly the jacket was a zip. If I can find it its yours, it may be larger than 50 by a little.
Thanks very much indeed.

I'm trying to find a pile liner for my Barbour Northumbria. The Northumbria is from the late 90s & is different to the Northumbria currently on sale. The liner is an A295 & I need a 50" chest measurement. Barbour tell me the A295 is discontinued so I've been looking online, so far without success. I'd be grateful if anyone has any suggestions for places I might try...

Thanks,

FM
Keep an eye on Ebay, thats where I bought the accessories for my Northumbria jacket, which I have had since 1990.

foxs_marine

War Hero
Keep an eye on Ebay, thats where I bought the accessories for my Northumbria jacket, which I have had since 1990.
I have been but there are many more 297s than 295s on there and I have yet to see any 50" chest ones. I've got a saved search though so who knows what it might bring?

I bought my Beaufort from Harrods. They seemed to have piles of stock, some discontinued stuff too. Even a DPM Northumbria!

But that was in 1997...

Thanks,

FM

Try a dressmaker/tailor and I'm sure you'll get a handmade perfect item in material of your choice for under a ton; I've a couple of fave garments that I had copied stitch for stitch as they wore out, and Mrs. Specop had a dress copied by a Leicester market stall tailor in a fabric she preferred for £60 plus the cloth.

Most towns will have a clothing alterations place.

Thanks,

FM
1560895822175.png
Get this as soon as possible... Hat, coat Taxi...;)

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It might be worth trying McKays in Aberdeen

mckays queen street aberdeen - Google Search

It is an Aladdin’s cave that has about everything. He must buy stuff at discount and wait till it comes back into fashion!!

If you go in the boy appears like something out of the League of Gentlemen which is comedy in itself.
That place is amazing, haven't been in for years but lord is it packed to the rafters

foxs_marine

War Hero
It might be worth trying McKays in Aberdeen

mckays queen street aberdeen - Google Search

It is an Aladdin’s cave that has about everything. He must buy stuff at discount and wait till it comes back into fashion!!

If you go in the boy appears like something out of the League of Gentlemen which is comedy in itself.
I tried to ring them because it sounded like it'd be an experience! Both the quoted phone & fax lines are coming back unobtainable / "You have dialled an incorrect number". Shame, I was rather looking forward to it.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I tried to ring them because it sounded like it'd be an experience! Both the quoted phone & fax lines are coming back unobtainable / "You have dialled an incorrect number". Shame, I was rather looking forward to it.
Think it's still open, but there's only two staff and one of them is virtually mummmified

There is a guy who works from Ludlow market who sells second hand and refurbished Barbours. He's a bit of a Barbour nerd so would be worth contacting. His business has a faceache page.....Barbouretum.

Because of the length difference, the press studs don't match up between liner & jacket if you try to put an A297 in a Northumbria.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
I had a jacket that had a couple of studs go manky due to salt water. I got on to barbour to see if they could sell me a couple of new studs so I could replace them.

They took the code number of the jacket and my address and refused to let me buy any. They sent me enough studs for redoing the whole jacket free of charge.

If you are able to put the studs in the thing yourself you might be able to get a 297 and blag some studs and put them in so they match up with the studs in the jacket. This would leave you with a mismatch where the liner is shorter but it would be enough to keep your torso warm.

ugly

LE
Ive had a quick peruse around my gaffe. I haven't yet found your liner but I have found 2 original dennison smocks, one wartime and one post war, a Para smock and a Survival Aids dennison, my DPM Barbour and 5 other shooting coats including a £400 Nomad smock 0A had hidden on the floor under the stairs.
So I went to the farm, I had to anyway to change over batteries on the charger and had a look in the dryer barn and seed barn. Nothing seen. Ive even looked at both ends of my garage but not in the middle. I'll find it and it will be the wrong size!

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ive had a quick peruse around my gaffe. I haven't yet found your liner but I have found 2 original dennison smocks, one wartime and one post war, a Para smock and a Survival Aids dennison, my DPM Barbour and 5 other shooting coats including a £400 Nomad smock 0A had hidden on the floor under the stairs.
So I went to the farm, I had to anyway to change over batteries on the charger and had a look in the dryer barn and seed barn. Nothing seen. Ive even looked at both ends of my garage but not in the middle. I'll find it and it will be the wrong size!
You jammy feck

ugly

LE
You jammy feck
The wartime dennison has almost no cuffs left is a half length zip but with the right label inside, a bit small for me, the post war one is about 1955 I think from the label and a full zip, also a bit small for me. I bought the survival aids one for pigeon shooting and deer stalking just after I had left the army, its still a good fit but it doesn't get worn often thanks to another arser who borrowed it to meat bomb over Ginkeln heath a couple of years ago. Bugger sewed some wings on!
I also found a 1980's set of tropical combat trs I wore during my last year in and some CS95 strides I must have acquired for my lad when he was a cadet. None of which fit me anymore!

Latest Threads