DESK NAME PLAQUES

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by IBRU, Apr 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where do you get decent wooden desk name plaques preferably with corps cap badge from?

i have asked PRI but they are less that helpfull

any info greatly appreciated

2. There is a shop on North Camp parade that used to make them?

At least it was there in 2003, not been back since.

3. The Corps of Royal Engineers have Field Support Squadrons with workshops that can produce these.

Chances are that they are a bit busy at the minute to make 'Toblerones' and would tell you its not worth asking through official channels.

Try asking on the Sapper Forum see if anyones got a man who can!

If you are in Germany its Hameln or Hameln! UK and there is a bit more choice.

Also think the Royal School of Military Engineering at Chatham can knock out the engraved brass plaques unofficially!

4. Most ghurka regts have a silversmith who will do it at a reasonable price.

5. ask the guy from 7-62.com.... he is a site advertiser. might be an idea.

i should charge commission!

6. 23C

23C Clanker

Ask the Guard Rm at Blandford, they wil give you the number forthe guy who does them there.

7. If you are in Germany RAW are alwalys a good contact to have

8. Or on the other hand get a life, if you were any good people would know who you are anyway

9. Desk name plaques?? Usually the sign of an insecure little man. I was given one once, but when I had memorised it I threw it away.......

10. Seconded. Misplaced grandeur, if ever there was a case. Get a life (and a job).

11. "Where do you get decent wooden desk name plaques preferably with corps cap badge from?"

bottleosmoke replied.... "Most ghurka regts have a silversmith who will do it at a reasonable price. "

lay off that bottle!!! :wink:

12. Just spray paint a Toblerone and then write your name in Tippex. Save a bloody fortune.

13. And a desk

14. Save some money, look in the mirror, get a felt pen and write your name on your forehead. No matter who's desk you sit at, everone will know your name. Only problem is it will say....

URBI

slangiS layoR

15. Don't bother with them. In my experience they can be very dangerous things, especially when theres a very pissed squad standing on the other side of the desk.