Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Design Engineer Team Officer

G.Lewis

Crow
I recently gained my place as an Army officer through Welbeck DSFC and I'm currently looking at officer roles. I have heard Design Engineer Team officers mentioned as a role but I have not found any info online about it. Would appreciate if people could give me an insight into this role (the other role I have been looking at is Aircraft engineering Officer through REME) to help me decide which corps and Degrees I want to look at.

Cheers

chimera

LE

chimera

LE

OK: I think that term is applicable only for Reserve STREs, but we are splitting hairs. The Bottom Line for you is that the conventional route to Chartered Engineer status in the Sappers (Civil, Electrical or Mechanical) is to enter the mainstream Corps via the Regular commissioning course, followed by the RE Troop Commanders course, then serve one or two tours as a field troop commander. After that you apply to do Professional Engineer Training (two years primarily focused on attachments to industry to learn design and contracting).

More here:

Officer Careers - British Army Website

but if you are still at Welbeck there should be shed loads of info available to you about this.

G.Lewis

Crow
Cheers for the info. Looking at options for welbeck, feeling like I'm swaying more to the REME and Aeronautical engineering officer.

Latest Threads