Desert wellies

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Stoat, May 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mine have finally kicked off and want to get some new ones - funny old thing shops over in USA don't have 'em.

Anyhoo - some of them that Airborne chaps wouldn't leave the lines without in the 80's.

I tried DuBora, but got nowhere.

Any leads gratefully received.

2. I think the new dezzie is the hi-tec trail, or something similar. I haven't seen them in years. \oh the things we did to them and in them. My enduring memory is knocking off a young lady at the Reeperbahn in Hamburg but insisting I kept them on.

The last I saw of my trusty boots was when they were tied behind the staff car after I got married. Bonking was never the same.
  3. TIMPSONS-£12.50
  4. Stead and Simpson - £20

Mine lasted longer than the issue ones I gave to Ghostywhyte. But then someone nicked the laces!!!!
  5. I'm assuming that you mean the old ghillie boot style dezzies. They are still available for under £20.00 from HM Supplies in Aldershot and Camberley.
  6. This is what I'm after:

Stead & Simpson? 3rd largest shoe retailer in UK? Annual salees of £140M?

And no shaggin' website?

Anyway - If anyone finds a pair of these - size 9, I'll gladly reimburse cost + post + three or so pints.
  7. I want a pair as well...... how many days were spent drinking pints out of them :)