Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Builds Desert war Group build: Sprockets Tamiya 1/48 Bf 109E fighter

Decal number 63, looks like it should be a white diamond, spent a while looking for it on the decal sheet and it's not there.
nazi politics a.jpg

then of course, Nazi Politics in modelling, a well known phenomena.
nazi politics b.jpg

I assume its finished now than as you started it on Friday?

still got the canopy, sand base to make and the glass case to go over it. So a while yet, anyway I can't hang around, I've got a Saladin to build now I have the excellent after market tires you pointed out, and the German Artillery are still waiting for their Leopold Rail gun. Doubling my posts onto Brexitmodeller might slow me down, nice bunch over there, very welcoming.
nearly done.jpg

canopy fitted. the final construction done, just the decals to tone down a bit so they fit in with the rest of the finish, canopy framing painting to finish off too. The base is made and drying in the workshop, it's rather cold in there, but there's loads of space. Need to drill it to fit the support rod then I can call it done and awaiting it's glass.
canopy on.jpg

ZW Clanger

Old-Salt
canopy fitted. the final construction done, just the decals to tone down a bit so they fit in with the rest of the finish, canopy framing painting to finish off too. The base is made and drying in the workshop, it's rather cold in there, but there's loads of space. Need to drill it to fit the support rod then I can call it done and awaiting it's glass.
View attachment 535941
Looks good... are you doing a bit of hun gun soot around the 7.92 cowl guns? I know you said the effect you were aiming for was post straffing?

Looks good... are you doing a bit of hun gun soot around the 7.92 cowl guns? I know you said the effect you were aiming for was post straffing?
yes, I will, good spot, those channels would catch quite a lot of FDR, but that's a supposition, I wonder if @Daz can help me out with a ref picture? so I don't overdo it.
nose gun channels.jpg

Daz

LE
Not as much as some modellers
6b57ee950a7dce5b5401cf3cee2613d9.jpg
28aeeee1fe20bcac3dcc28683205bf4d.jpg
44f4d4dc18c1a8bbffcbb18096c748b8.jpg
62bb048d0a1cd8cda9ea0de1a121086e.jpg
706e4e178fe697c38104f3a05e336815.jpg
cu0yrs6tmwu51.png
think

glad I kept my soot to a minimum then, here it is all done, I'll post a final picture of it covered with it's glass box.
final shots hpg.jpg

this one would have looked impressive if I had a blurring tool on my windows paint tool, but not so, I'll just have to use my imagination.
final shots b.jpg

please forgive my extravagant flight of fancy, I know it will never take to the sky, except in my imagination, sad old git that I am.
final shots e.jpg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

NSP

LE
this one would have looked impressive if I had a blurring tool on my windows paint tool, but not so, I'll just have to use my imagination.
final shots b.jpg
These do you...?

blur.jpg

motion.jpg

streak.jpg

In order:-

Tilt blur
Motion blur
Smudge (for a sort of desert heat shimmer effect)

NSP

LE
Those slots on the front of the main wings are call de Havilland Slots, the Germans put them in without paying for the privilege.
Were they movable? I thought leading edge slats were a relatively recent advancement in aerodynamics...?

Latest Threads