• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Desert Fatigues

Hello Chaps, something I've wondered about. When returning from deployment many troops continue to wear the desert dpm for a period of time, rather than change straight away into standard green dpm.
What are the reasons behind this?
May sound a daft question, but I'd rather be a fool for a short time rather than a lifetime!!

And of course a usual picture post from me..

Attachments

Sheepkiller said:
Hello Chaps, something I've wondered about. When returning from deployment many troops continue to wear the desert dpm for a period of time, rather than change straight away into standard green dpm.
What are the reasons behind this?
May sound a daft question, but I'd rather be a fool for a short time rather than a lifetime!!
It's because you have to sell all your green stuff to pay for insurance before you go on OPs.

I like the way units make troops wear the dessies for a couple of weeks before they go in order to 'acclimatise'. Yep nothing like wearing your dessies during the german winter to get you ready for an Iraqi one!