Desert Colour Scheme Upgrade Testers Wanted

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, May 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

If anyone is bored and fancies playing around on the site, I would appreciate some fault finders for the new version of the DesertCam theme. This is currently called PH2_Blue and you can choose it on the front page, or in Membership, Change Site Colours above.

I already know some of the issues, but I'm sure there are more.

And before someone says 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', the current site themes are broke so I'm fixing them!

Thanks for the help!
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Comments about the small changes or any improvements would be good now too.
  3. Looks okay to me, but I don't like the fact that hyperlinks are shown in black, it makes them a bit difficult to spot.

Not sure about the font used on the buttons either.....
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I also clocked the hyperlinks and will get that sorted. I think I prefer the buttons to the old icons as they're a bit more friendly to new folk - I would prefer a less techno font though.
  5. easier on the eye but ditto about the hyperlinks - techno is not really that bad might entice a new generation of Arrsers !!!!
  6. Looks good, prefer it to the old one. Can i stay on this colour scheme or would we be needed to change it back while modifications are made?
  7. I like it havent see the hyperlink problem / issue yet so cant say but i find the drop down menus better than original des/cam and the font much easier for me to read.

seems to be a slightly cleaner? layout also making it easier to read? being dsylexic i tend to focus on layout more if that makes sense!
  8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Looks and feels fine. You have picked up the main points above
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Good. Thanks for the comment.

I've set the links to be the same as the old theme - dark green. Not obvious but OK I think. If you looked at theme them before I posted this you'll need to push ctrl-f5 together to refresh and see the change.
  10. I like it so far - couple of points:

1. Photo Gallery pages look messy? or is this currently out of scope!

2. Forum Index - divider lines between Forums virtually invisible, find it quite difficult to differentiate between Forums.
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

The photo gallery always looked messy but this does seem to be a step in the wrong direction. I will look at this tomorrow.

Agreed about the forums. I'll play with a couple of things.

I note that hovering the mouse over a forum bar but missing the text results in a broken link too.
  12. Overall looks fine?! Saying that I had 'old Arrse' as my colour scheme previously.. 8O

But as said, looks fine. Maybe bolden the Forum headings a bit?
  13. Very minor point: there doesn't appear to be a status bar (although there's a space for one) showing how full your inbox is, just the percentage.

Agreed that it would be useful to have the forum headings bolder: overall the scheme is slightly less easier to read IMO due to the smaller fonts and more homogenous buttons.

Not immediately obvious what the "previous topic" "next topic" buttons are, but I imagine people will figure that out quite quickly :)
  14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just switched over to the new one GCO & I personally think it's better.The fonts are easier to read,pages less cluttered & overall a better design.
    I like it,Good job.
  15. Right, as the only stupid question is the one that isnt asked, i'm gonnna stick my sweed above the parapet and ask anyway!

Whats with the 'old sweat, MIA, etc 'ranking system' giving to us all, how does one attain such a label? is it on posts or time served? or just on a whim?!?!?

I await your response with geeky anticipation!!