Desert Cam

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by greenronnie, Feb 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know of any paint/dye that can be used to cam up your kit, that can be removed by washing or whatever once you get back?

Before anyone says that the heat and dust tones it down, I know, I have been on various hot weather deployments, but that isn't what I'm asking.

PS Standing by for silly comments! :D
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

what kit?
  3. sand coloured spray paint for cars or model paint (for webbing) give it a good bash with a scrubbing brush and hot soapy water when you get home and bingo.

I dont know why guys didn't spray their helmets when there was a shortage of desert helmet covers. Add a nice vintage tan WW2 net and it does the trick.
  4. Webbing, daysack, bergen.
  5. For a more permanent effect, try sheep marking dye- think its available in spray can.
  6. Or I could just use spray paint like I did the last time. The question was for a non permanent effect.
  7. get yourself down B&Q, plenty of emulsions to purchase and the missus can use the left overs to decorate while you're away( she could get some fake bullet hole stickers you get from chav places like Halfords to help you settle back in on return!
    you could bang yourself a daysack cover from a IKP sheet and some bungee from stores and brush that up
    aerosol spray paint will not work on webbing
  8. The stuff you need is a temporary spray paint called 'Bowflage', which you can get on the web from the US. It's apparently very popular with US SF types and airsoft walts.

It's disadvantages are that it's expensive and only really suitable for dry climates because it washes off easily.

9. Cheers for that fella, that's the sort of thing I was after.
  10. Model paint works dude. Takes about a year to fade but after about 6-9 months there only you that can notice it. Nobody even commented at the fact that i had Sandy couloured webbing in brecon because everyone was covered in sh1t anyhoo!