Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Warrior-Webbing, Jul 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No not the issue kind, but the "I was a regular in the forces in the 90's" kind, and used to wear them with jeans and a unit t-shirt along with my green Helly kind....

Having decided that this summer is was far too hot to be wearing my KSB's all the time, I started to look for a pair of the dessie boots I remember from my service.

The best place I found, happened to be and the item is ROAMERS Ghillie Tie Desert Boot

Now I have purchased 1 x pair, but now I am after another pair! Is there any where else in the UK, that I can get a pair for for less?
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Those arent bad prices for nowadays although I recall them being about £5 a pair!
  3. You can get them here:

They've got them on display in the Aldershot shop so if you can't find them on that link give them a buzz.
  4. I get my ghillie ties DBs from Christophers shoes. No problems at all, I recommend them. I wear Dbs everyday and buy a pair a year, delivery within a day or 2

5. Interesting. DBs used to be indestructible, particularly the sole which was some kind of really dense skateboard type poyurathane,a nd they had nylon stiching which was similarly tough.

Then a new kind of DB, an Arnold Rimmer DB, which looked like the original but the soles went through in a month appeared. There was something wrong with the fitting and feel of this copy. Obviously the margins for the shops were bigger on the cheap stuff, and the real thing disappeared.

...or has it?
  6. I remember buying a pair in Episkopi that lasted over 5 years of hard subby wear and tear. When I tried to replace them (same shop same chogie (?)) they lasted 6 months. Obviously quality wasnt as profitable.
  7. Don't forget, always worn with para cord for laces! Indestructable.
  8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

you melt them with a match / lighter and they 'seal'. Only takes a second and try not to burn the whole lace and have it drip onto the office floor.
  9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Its surprisingly easy...
  10. I usually got it stuck to my fingers and tried not to squeal as it burnt!
  11. ...does using a drawstring toggle on cord, rather than tying a knot, make you look like a sky god or a tool?

These are the questions that demand answeres.
  12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

tool, everyone should use the RAMC method.
  13. It must be summer, end of July, discussions about dessies and we're under a foot of water here.
  14. This is NOT a waah. What is the RAMC method? (Have I just been waah'd)