Desert Boots.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
That's only because you've been conditioned into endless cheap shite from Asia for the past 30 years.

200 quid for a quality pair of boots to last a decade is hardly a rip off. And they're not 200 quid anyway.
Voetsek !

Have I fuck been conditioned into cheap Asian boots, if I have to wear boots I use Rogue, same as @Lardbeast .
The only Asian footwear I've ever owned was a pair of Ho Chi Mins from a pal in the far east.

I once had a pair of brothel creepers. Eventually, the binding around the crepe rubber soles went and I took them to the cobblers........They were like a cross between surgical and diving boots once he'd finished with them.

Muff divers ?

I got a pair from Aldi this year for £14:99 Very good value

1626730122672.png

Last edited:
I used to knock about in a pair of cut down John White's - basically a suede, toecapless DMS. They were a high-topped export contract for some ME forces with a ranger-style twin buckle set up, but I cut them down to ankle length as I got sick of faffing about. I had twenty years of usage out of them. The uppers were tough as buggery. I think any modern composite design would be very hard-pressed to match them for durability - if not comfort. I now have Roamers and some £30 side zip jobbies off ebay. The Roamers are OK for the pub, but not much else. The others are comfy and reasonably durable. The zips are great for my bad back... which is why I got them.

20210719_224731.jpg

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Voetsek !

Have I **** been conditioned into cheap Asian boots, if I have to wear boots I use Rogue, same as @Lardbeast .
The only Asian footwear I've ever owned was a pair of Ho Chi Mins from a pal in the far east.

I see Rogue are battling to source buffalo hide for their boots. Bloody good kit and Matt's are still going strong.

My Jim Green ellie hide numbers going well too. Rarely wear them, mainly to piss people off. Massive fashion statement - check out the crunt. Froggie SF oppo from work also has a pair he wears on the bike to cause fainting and nausea among the fashion victims.

Do they have bobtails on the toecaps?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Could be, could be...

71MyJh8xWuL._AC_SS450_.jpg
Puts a whole new spin on kicking someone ***********

Edit since when are "up" and "the" naughty words, or has the filter been tweaked to do whole phrases now?

Because DMs are now made in the Far East and the quality is in the toilet.

Solovair, up in that there Northampton, make air-soled boots and shoes to a standard that DM used to. I've got a pair of the monkey boots and they're absolutely solid.

They're cracking - may invest some day when I have a few shackles spare (had a pricey car bill earlier this month!). Look better than the Doc's, which, as you say, have gone downhill over recent years.

I do not accept the Evolutionary theory.

The human foot is an exceedingly delicate limb containing 28 bones, 33 joints and 100 tendons, ligaments and muscles.

Nothing brings a striding man to a screeching halt faster than the pain of just the tiniest pebble under the ooooh so sensitive fascia of the sole of a bare foot.

One can only imagine the bruised, bleeding state of one's soles if one walked just 5 miles without shoes, even on pavement!

Imagine walking the 4000 miles from Yugoslavia to India, fighting all the way as did Alexander the Great's army, clad only in sockless open Greek sandals!

1626832784679.jpeg

Previous Next

The First Man walked barefoot on the soft grass of Garden of Eden. Contrary to current scientific thinking, the first men were more intelligent and skilled than ourselves, not less, and as human beings are unable to walk on most of the world terrains without some form of foot protection, they urgently had to become footshod immediately after the Expulsion. Enoch's profession was a shoemaker.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Imagine walking the 4000 miles from Yugoslavia to India, fighting all the way as did Alexander the Great's army, clad only in sockless open Greek sandals!
But they had the nightly buggery to cheer them up.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I do not accept the Evolutionary theory.

The human foot is an exceedingly delicate limb containing 28 bones, 33 joints and 100 tendons, ligaments and muscles.

Nothing brings a striding man to a screeching halt faster than the pain of just the tiniest pebble under the ooooh so sensitive fascia of the sole of a bare foot.

One can only imagine the bruised, bleeding state of one's soles if one walked just 5 miles without shoes, even on pavement!

View attachment 590405

Previous Next

The First Man walked barefoot on the soft grass of Garden of Eden. Contrary to current scientific thinking, the first men were more intelligent and skilled than ourselves, not less, and as human beings are unable to walk on most of the world terrains without some form of foot protection, they urgently had to become footshod immediately after the Expulsion. Enoch's profession was a shoemaker.
What is this sandal?