Desert boots - Would I be walting?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by LanceBombardEars, Mar 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been out for over 12 years and the chance of me going anywhere sandy is frankly very slim.
    Anyway, I have always preferred wearing boots to shoes, and have had a pair of Timberlands which have been disappointing, so I want to replace them.
    I have the chance to get a pair of Meindl desert boots half price, but, would I be walting if I did?
    I think I know the answer, but thought I'd ask to confirm.
    Taking cover.
    Preparing for incoming.

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

:roll:

If asked why you are wearing them, you state "I wore them when I stormed Tora Bora" then yes. If you reply "because they're comfy", then no.

Have a word with youself.

3. No Walt mate, but don't forget the North Face puffy jacket, regimental t shirt, big 'tash and the wearing of earphones in mobile phone (or blue tooth headset) when you go to the pub.

4. I wear meindl desert foxes nearly every day. They replaced my KSBs which finally gave up the ghost. Mind you, I was issued them and they've actually trodden on Afghan sand and dogshite.

5. Get a pair of Magnum's off Ebay, they'll last twice as long as those shitty Meindle's.

6. ;

Sensible 8) head on:
    I prefer walking boots for everyday use as well, stick with brown to be safe.

Naafi :twisted: head on:
    I think these would suit you better:

[​IMG]

7. But thats the point isn't it. You only have to look at the walt related posts on here to realise that you can be outed as a walt without anyone actually speaking to you.
    Thats why I am seeking the wisdom of fellow Arrsers.
    Thanks for your input.
    Having a word with myself.

8. Timbies?? Pampered and spoiled these days!!!!

Get yourself a pair of desert wellies from the 80's when they were almost flat soled, no ankle support etc etc.

They'll wear out quicker than the flavour in chewing gum but they are comfy.

Try and find a pair of those cheap 70's "basketball" style boots with the white rubber circle on the outside. Just like dessies they'll let every bit of grit and stuff in past your ankles.

Oh and you'll have flat feet and shin splints if you do anything more strenuous than go to the pub in them...

But they soak up Kebab sauce and vomit like a magic wonder sponge :D

Edited to add; thems the ones sarge!!

9. oh FFS, this site gets worse............

Wear what you f ucking want who gives a f uck. Walts, walts , walts ....jesus this is getting so fu cking boring.

10. Although a bit pricey, Lowa boots are quality. Click here for nearest UK stockists.

Make sure you get the one's with white leather on the inside, I've had a pair of Brown Lowa's for 4 years, although they squeek a bit they still do the job and that's with trekking through S.America too!

11. Ohhh I f ucking love the internet :clap: :clap:

12. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Sparky: Are you telling me there is not a fashion/style forum on here for the walt? You know learn the speak and dress like "Them"

13. I've no idea Tom!!! Wouldn't help me I'm afraid.

I still wear 80s shoite catcher trousers and cavalry/Grandad shirt with my 80s tache. It hides a scar on my top lip and I'm ugly without it TBH. :D

I was proud to be a hat mate, well it was a Tam O'Shanter actually!! :D :D