Des Browne on the Politics show Scotland

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BobMugabe, Jun 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 2 minutes ago the t*sser said "with regret we announce the death of an Argyll and Southern Highlander, properly now the 5th Battalion the Royal Scots Regiment"

Do these idiots have no idea of the effect of their words??

2. him and gb do that repeatedly. its a means for them to insult the troops publically with no political fallout.

3. they are nothing more than grubby, spineless [INBH]* O2 thiefs i do hope they get there just rewards sooner rather than later though.

*[insert NAAFI comment here] :x

4. I would guess that as a member of a) Labour's Cabinet, b) SoS for Scotland (part-time), and someone "close" to Wendy Alexander, that our Des has had a busy few days and therefore unable to properly commit to his 4th priority as SoS for Defence (part-time) that his mind is elsewhere. Shouldn't we give the man a break?

Alternatively, request in the strongest terms, through the media that he is replaced in the SoS for Defence role?

The routine of watching the SoS for Scotland, facing camera left and responding to the Wendy Alexander debacle yesterday, and thirty seconds later rolling with camera right and offering sincerest comments as SoS for Defence, on the latest losses on Herrick yesterday was sickening.

Is Gordon Brown so desparate for Ministers, that there is not a single member of Labour's Government that could devote all of their time to the Defence role and be better than the current part-tme member?

5. Des Browne is just another arrogant NU Labour Minister. His body-language gives that away, arrogant beyond belief.... and ignorant with it. I doubt if any of them have the slightest clue about the Mililtary, or even care..... "Yes we care"...they say... Crocodile Tears old boy!!

Just like the row over the so-called new UK Border & Immigration Agency. "We are working hard too.....!" Yep heard it all before under B'Liar... and they've had over 10 years to start 'sorting things out'... What ho chaps and chapesses... apparently they are now...'Just Getting their collective arses into gear....!"

Makes one wonder just how the country has been running itself.... certainly not because of them.... :crash: :roll:

7. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Lacks imagination. Start with his fingers and work your way up the arm instead.

8. Is anyone surprised that this man cheerfully displays both his IGNORANCE and DISINTEREST in a comment upon the death of a gallant young man?

This Browne is a DISGRACE and his alleged 'boss', the other BROWN, is worse than a disgrace, he is a 'guilty man'!

He is guilty because of his parsimony towads the Armed Forces, and because of his inability to control or even influence the actions of his predecessor in office - the gutless, grinning, vacuous spiv Bliar.

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Actually, and not to get all 'Sven' about it, I've just watched it here at 53:00 and he says no such thing. It's just that he moves quite quickly over 'Sutherland' making it sound like 'southern'.

I dislike the man as much as the next Arrser but let's not villify him for something he didn't say.

10. Sixty, maybe it's my hearing going in my old age. Did I hear him incorrectly about the Royal Scots Regiment name as well?

11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I stopped watching after that. Have just watched again and you're quite correct, he did say 'Royal Scots Regiment' but not 'southern' Highlanders.

I've also fixed the link up there so that it goes to the programme in question.

Apologies. You were right enough: he is a dick.