Des Browne Offers Surrender Terms

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_rat, Sep 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://paktribune.com/news/index.shtml?190331

What this means under the spin is that the Government are going to surrender and the British taxpayer will be paying off the Militias and the Taliban for the rest of the century. This will slosh our money around the drug dealers, slave traffickers, and other elements to finish up in the UK property market to keep the Goldilocks economy afloat, especially all the politicians property portfolios. Keep up the good work, lads, their pension funds need you.

2. Penny's finally dropped has it...

So does that now mean that British forces are actually fighting for a form of Islam? :wink:

3. And why not? As long as it isn't the head chopping, women stoning, convert or die variety practiced by some of your less savoury associates. Funny how our involvement in Bosnia is so glibbly glossed over by Muslim's looking to scream about how evil we are, know what I mean Taz?

Edit: Speeling

4. Actually Des is acknowledging the fact that at the end of the day, the Afghans and the Taleban will need to talk to each other to achieve reconciliation. We're building the ground for that to happen - its happened in pretty much every other recent campaign, so nothing new there.

5. Has he asked the people of Afghanistan what they want? Or the Govnt how the want to procced?

Lets just dictate terms and pat them on the head for being like good little brown poeple.

6. Not my associates, you doth exaggerate.

I've always given credit where its due and I did praise the Spams for the Bosnia intervention, in marked contrast to the shameful silence of the Euro govts at the time.

7. In that case please accept my humble apologies good man, it's getting difficult to know what is what round these parts lately, we appear to be getting 'swamped' with BNP immigrants :wink:

Re: Bosnia, I didn't see anyone wearing the stars and stripes in our AOR so not quite sure you're quite being fair.

8. The few visits I did to Bos, I saw many brits, not many spams.

9. "Has he asked the people of Afghanistan what they want? Or the Govnt how the want to procced?

Lets just dictate terms and pat them on the head for being like good little brown poeple. "

Sorry to rain on your parade, but Karzai is the one who is rather keen on the idea of reconciliation.

10. So who else do we talk to to make peace, if not our enemies? Difficulty is, no-one trusts this bunch of cnuts to make a fair and honourable peace.

Still, I doubt we'll succeed in killing every jihadi in Afghanistan or Pakistan anytime soon. I don't have a problem if the war goes on for 50 years, if most of the fighting is being done in limited areas, and none of AFG is being used as a terrorist training camp.