Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Des Browne - knows what hes doing. doesnt he?

WhiteHorse said:
I thought they were banned from leaving the UK following Op Corporate?

Last I heard they were dabling at producing the uber female soldier., the commcen queens from Hell. I believe it was called Project Manoid. (we suspected they were actualy males)

polar said:
WhiteHorse said:

Last I heard they were dabling at producing the uber female soldier., the commcen queens from Hell. I believe it was called Project Manoid. (we suspected they were actualy males)

So its true then, I'd heard they were pushed until they could do 75wpm on a T100. INT ZBZ til the cows come home.

polar said:
WhiteHorse said:

We had to do something, we arent lucky enough to have prostitutes balling their wares outside the TAC on parade night.

polar said:
Damn..... Need to find a new rumour....... must be 2 Sig Bdes turn :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Polar, White Horse - behave you bad boys - you'll frighten the people who don't know any better.

Shall I translate what RCO said for the benefit of those who didn't get it.

33, 34, 35 - put away the buckets and spades this is not a mobilisation call for 12 Sig Gp.

2 Sig Bde - put yours away too.

Anyone who wants to be mobilised - you already know what to do and who to ask. If you don't then you haven't been in long enough to be useful enough to go......

scaryspice said:
polar said:
Damn..... Need to find a new rumour....... must be 2 Sig Bdes turn :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Polar, White Horse - behave you bad boys - you'll frighten the people who don't know any better.

Shall I translate what RCO said for the benefit of those who didn't get it.

33, 34, 35 - put away the buckets and spades this is not a mobilisation call for 12 Sig Gp.

2 Sig Bde - put yours away too.

Anyone who wants to be mobilised - you already know what to do and who to ask. If you don't then you haven't been in long enough to be useful enough to go......

Or you're too bloody old and they don't want you, so stop calling CVHQ twice a week only to be told "The guy in theatre is extending, maybe in 6 months time" :wink:

scaryspice said:

Do you mean I have to stop my troop from putting chobham armour on the white fleet, gawd knows how I'll explain the GPMG turret hole they created yesterday, guess I may get away with the beige respray..... :twisted: :twisted:

You should see the mods to the rear doors, create hinges at the bottom and a quick release mechanism.

also instead of sandbagging the floor, order extra message pads, logs etc and lay them out accross the floor - they will protect from mines just aswell

have to agree with msr, the purpose of the units is not to form a composite regiment, its to form a pool of IR's. The kit is past its sell by date, my Regt has far more deployable units than 12 Sig Grp (that being one).
I understand 12 Sigs Grp role etc but they haven't the kit the customer wants (telephone and internet connection for starters). I don't agree with it at all

Oh right.

Having just spent 18 months of TA life, putting in effort to learn ptarmigan with my regiment as a bloody technician, and only half way through my first year between T3 and T2 I now find out the kit is no longer bloody used.

Excellent. Anybody want to make my day worse? Come on be honest, is one of you sleeping with my mum? Stole my grandmothers remains?

Buggrit. I am going back to being a walt if this is how you treat new recruits

Thats harsh mate. I feel every sympathy for you. I'm lucky really because I joined my reg just as the FAS were beginning to change everything. There are guys who have just became trade trained but now have to start over on the new role.

Jumped a sinking ship then did you MSR :)

Yup Ptarmigan is dead, but not quite burried, personally i'm considering inf as a move they should never go out of date, but they have no women.
Anyone got the installation date for Falcon in the TA regts i'm guessing somewhere between now and the end of time although my bet is on 2015 delivery, even that will be nearly out of date when it comes in, i here it's not ipv6 ready/compatable. also once the chiefs see how much bandwidth there is they'll spend no time developing 'man management' apps and other useless shite to use it all. There is just not enough investment in the TA sigs or TA as a whole.

I_G