Des Brown on radio 2

#1
If any one wants to listen to what the cretin has to say , or ring up to ask him awkward questions, hes on the Jeremy vine show in the next hour.
 
#2
Des Brown is completely lost as the Defence secretary.He is like fart in a trance never smiles and is way out of his depth being in charge of the defence of this country.Go back to the treasury Dessie boy and bury yir heid in paperwork mate because that is all you are good at.
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
I saw a peice earlier on Sky that ' Des didn't make the desision to allow the stories to be sold it was the RN'
Apparently he just signed it off
So the spin machine is already deflecting the blame
Pity they can't just throw some paperwork for a large pay rise and shed loads of kit for him ' just to sign off'
Given that he believes everything his generals and admirals say how hard can it be?
 
#5
TartanJock said:
Des Brown is completely lost as the Defence secretary.He is like fart in a trance never smiles and is way out of his depth being in charge of the defence of this country.Go back to the treasury Dessie boy and bury yir heid in paperwork mate because that is all you are good at.
He does seem to be hating his Defence job, and these interviews will probably make him squirm. I hope they really turn up the heat on him, so that Whitehall gets its fair share of the blame for recent fiascos.
 

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
#7
Des Brown is exactly the SOS for Defence that Blair and Broon collectiveley want.

He is a political creature who will put the furtherance of Des Brown above all else by toadying to both in incubnet leader and the heir apparent without either party having evidence that he favours the other.

He is spineless, characterless, shallow, self serving and above all a career politician. Oh, by the way, he is a Scottish Solicitor which answers most doubts about whther he got to his position by merit or not.

On the plus side he does have executive hair.
 
#8
The only credible thing he can say is that he is off to see Tony B Liar to tender his resignation.

The man oozes as much inspiration and charisma as an empty crisp packet...

In the old days when Defence Secretary's had some balls if they didn't agree with the PM they walked.

I quote Michael Heseltine and Westland.
 
#9
On the Channel 4 lunch time news he takes full responsibility for having made a wrong decision. Says in retrospect he would not have made that decision.
So how soon do we hear of his resignation, or being sacked.......?
OK, I reckon I know the answer.
 
#10
heythrop said:
On the Channel 4 lunch time news he takes full responsibility for having made a wrong decision. Says in retrospect he would not have made that decision.
So how soon do we hear of his resignation, or being sacked.......?
OK, I reckon I know the answer.
BBC Link

Above link on BBC site gives more detail.

If this was an Army Officer making this admission you could expect them to be removed from post fairly sharpish. Des Brown should do the honest and decent thing.
 
#11
Modfather said:
heythrop said:
On the Channel 4 lunch time news he takes full responsibility for having made a wrong decision. Says in retrospect he would not have made that decision.
So how soon do we hear of his resignation, or being sacked.......?
OK, I reckon I know the answer.
BBC Link

Above link on BBC site gives more detail.

If this was an Army Officer making this admission you could expect them to be removed from post fairly sharpish. Des Brown should do the honest and decent thing.
Retire to his office with his Webley Mk VI perhaps????
 
#12
Mrs (Liz?) Gentle was just on BBC News 24 and stated that he should step down.

Her son died in Basra (I believe it was Basra) and she can stand with her head held high. She was to the point and factual - 2 things Mr Des Browne is not!

Again spineless and weak government who tries to micro manage everything in this country to the point of ruin.


May the fallen be remembered and may these fools be forgotten!
 
#14
The SH1TEBAG has just pulled out of appearing on the radio - what a spinless bastard.
 
#17
Mrs (Liz?) Gentle was just on BBC News 24 and stated that he should step down.

Her son died in Basra (I believe it was Basra) and she can stand with her head held high. She was to the point and factual - 2 things Mr Des Browne is not!

Again spineless and weak government who tries to micro manage everything in this country to the point of ruin.


May the fallen be remembered and may these fools be forgotten!
 
#18
One can only hope that Swiss Tony is considering his position. He's been on Channel 4 and declared that it was all his fault. So, why has he pulled the interview with JV ?

NOW is the time for the measly mouthed wnaker to resign.

HM Loyal Opposition will now smell blood....the hounds....the hounds.....they should be in full cry now!

Oh sorry, can't hunt now, can we ?
 
#19
Wija72 said:
Mrs (Liz?) Gentle was just on BBC News 24 and stated that he should step down.

Her son died in Basra (I believe it was Basra) and she can stand with her head held high. She was to the point and factual - 2 things Mr Des Browne is not!

Again spineless and weak government who tries to micro manage everything in this country to the point of ruin.


May the fallen be remembered and may these fools be forgotten!
Her name is Rose Gentle and she has campainged to get troops out of Iraq since her sons death in Basra.

An awful thing to happen to anyone's child but that scrote Tommy Sheridan used her as his mouthpiece for a long time after her sons death.

Politicians really are lowlife.
 
#20
Des Brown would have followed the only military tradition that he understands which is that of thesoldier caught red handed by the officer;

Lie when caught, then lie some more, follow that with a lie and back it up with the same lie so that your lies are circular and support each other.

If you lie long enough then some people begin to believe you and if it is your only hope then stick to it.

Anyway, Swiss Tony can't redign yet because the Prime Minister hasn't given him his full support in public. We all know that the "Full Support" of the PM precedes a ministerial resignation by about 3 days.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads