DES 4

Discussion in 'REME' started by lacrabat, Apr 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've applied "lean" principles to DES 3 and removed all the useless crud that adds absolutely nothing to actual production, to carry on the theme I've decided to call it simply DES 4.

DES 4

1. Inspect and maintain stuff.
    2. Repair things that get broke.
    3. Recover things that get stuck and broke.

This is only the draft copy so feel free to add any thing you feel is missing....... :D

2. Fookin top stuff, made me chuckle this morning, thanks.

3. If you didn't have chapter 10 how did you know about Lean!! :D

Dave

4. I read it and leaned it, in fact that was the first bit that got leaned..... :D

5. I think you've got it all covered there!

Should save a lot of A4. Although as everything needs to be Online now, perhaps we could save people looking it up and printing 'Uncontrolled Copies' we could just set it as desktop wallpaper! :D

6. Can we recover things that get stuck and broke as well?

7. There's no point writing that bit down, perhaps some diagrams?

8. Done.... :thumright:

9. Well done mate, you've just managed to give me a coronary when I took the title seriously.

Ah well, my own fault, I suppose. I should know not take take anything with DES in the title seriously.

By the way, you've left out the essential "4: Ensure that REME Bns are large enough to retain Lt Col CO posts and fcuk what first line needs". After all that's what REME's for isn't it?

10. Can you just turn that into a process using a flow chart.

11. Is it f*cked?

Yes

|
    |
    |
    |

Fix it.

12. Love it, now emailed to work and will be used as desktop wallpaper for ECI in a few weeks. ;)

13. Brilliant....... :D

That's taking pride of place on my EC notice board, someone might look at it then......

14. Brilliant, will be on my noticeboard on Monday :D :D :D :D :D

15. Crack on bigfella, the team will probably laugh their coccks off before redding you for not having a joke UECD as well.

What's that? Your UECD is a joke already? Job jobbed.