Derry,Londonderry,city of culture

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Jul 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FFS the have just reported the the shite hole of Londonderry is to be the next city of culture,JHC they got to be joking

2. What a fucking joke. City of Doley, whinging, grief-whore victim culture would be more like it.

An spare a thought for us here in NI - we're gonna have to put up with this (no doubt) predominantly Fenian shite for sodding ages.

3. If they can find culture in that hole,FFS send them to look for bin Laden.What a fkn joke

4. I had an idea this would happen.
    We in Brum were up for it, but I suppose having the world class City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, Birmingham Royal Ballet and at least two renowned repertory companies made our bid a little sad.

Especially when up against such a cultured place as Londonderry with its world famous Bogside.

No contest really.

5. Obviously they set the tone with Liverpool last time

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And I bet all the publicity and logos will be for Derry, NOT Londonderry!

7. My my, a year of petrol bombing funded by the Arts Council, a year of burming cars artfully displayed, the Bogside turned into a flower garden, a million page report on Martin da Touts jokebook, welcome to Looneyderry my friends.

8. My beloved Narichh overlooked by ferkin' Londonderry????

9. Hohum which lunatic asylum did they give the vote too.

10. And it's UNITED KINGDOM City of Culture too!

Who would ever have imagined such a thing forty years ago?

11. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Considering the competition it doesn't come as much of a shock. Apprentice Boys, Free Derry Corner. The Bogside, Creggan, Bernadette Devlins first riotous outing. Long and sustained use of CS gas by the B Specials (Also where the B Specials got their first serious kicking). The Deputy First Minister. Mitchel McLoughlin. Bloody Sunday (here we go again) and Dana.

12. Well Liverpool and Glasgow have both been Cities of Culture why not Derry? Makes a change for something to go across the Water

13. IT'S LONDONDERRY FOR FUCK'S SAKE!! They only culture they have is bacteria.

14. I'm looking forward to them hosting The Brits myself.

15. Yeah, but we've had Liverpool and they gave 'City of Culture' to that an' all. Clearly, this has to be about yoghurt products.