Derry families want soldiers prosecuted

It happened nearly 40 years ago. They need to get over it. Lets bring back up all the other shitty incidents of the Troubles while we are at it!! That sounds like a ****ing brilliant idea!! Nothing brings about peace like digging up old grudges!!

B

Boozy

Is it not Londonderry? or am I old fashioned.
You're quite correct it is Londonderry.

During their little quest with the Saville inquiry they also claimed they "just wanted vindication, they didn't want anyone to go to jail at this late stage".....so guess they were lying then. Cnuts.

Its just not in the interest of the relatives agenda or those behind them to ever let any chance of publicity pass them by , this comes as no surprise , there never will be a lasting peace.... to many making a living still from the "troubles" to let that cash cow slip away .

Bring them to justice, charge them, sentence them then free them before they get issued their shiney prison pyjamas under the same GFA that saw many of the murderous terrorists freed.

Seamus O'Shean: "Oi'm fooking outraged I iz, sure I wants me compensation for me uncles, brothers, cousins best friend twice removed being murdered by dem bastard brits so I does I do".

RTE talking shite head: "So how old were you when Paddy O'Taegue was murdered by the brits and how did it effect you"?

Seamus O'Shean: "We'll, I wasn't even born then so I wasn't but I've read all about him in Phoblacht so I did, so Oi'm proper outraged so I is iz so I am to be sure".

Are the Paras not covered by the Good Friday Agreement?

Or did that prat Blair deliberately leave them out in order to appease Gerry and Marty?

Andy_S

LE
Book Reviewer
Personally, I think a civilized and transparent society absolutely SHOULD have a truth and reconciliation movement that seeks to uncover past injustices, brings them to light and lays them to rest. (Andy_S dives into slit trench, reaches for overhead cover.)

Moreover, try and see it from their point of view: Members of their community were gunned down for no good reason. It has taken 40 years for the truth to out. Their feelings are excusable.

However, Spanner7's is a very good question.

Anyone?

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Personally, I think a civilized and transparent society absolutely SHOULD have a truth and reconciliation movement that seeks to uncover past injustices, brings them to light and lays them to rest. (Andy_S dives into slit trench, reaches for overhead cover.)

Moreover, try and see it from their point of view: Members of their community were gunned down for no good reason. It has taken 40 years for the truth to out. Their feelings are excusable.

However, Spanner7's is a very good question.

Anyone?
Plenty of people were gunned down for no good reason during the troubles
I'm sure their families all want to see the guys who did it rot in jail
But you can't let a load of guys out of prison under an agreement whilst seeking to jail another set of guys
How can you justify freeing someone who set out on purpose to kill someone for no other reason than their religion or occupation whilst seeking to jail a soldier who thought he was returning fire in a contact

I think they should dig deeper at least we might get something out of Marty" It wasn't me guv" Mcguiness and his role in what actually happened as oppossed to what they claim to have happened

Perhaps Cameron should give him a quick call and offer to hang him out to dry if he keeps pushing

I think they should dig deeper at least we might get something out of Marty" It wasn't me guv" Mcguiness and his role in what actually happened as oppossed to what they claim to have happened

I think if this was suggested as strategy, this issue would quietly disappear and get back under the rock from which it came.