Derogatory fourm page name

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by 27days, May 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is this forum called JUST TA, surely that is sending subliminal messages to the less intelignet members of HM armed forces ?

We do not see "JUST inf" or "JUST Engr"

Lets have a vote on a better forum name ?

Howabout-
    TA, or
    The part time professional

Any more offers ?

2. Think your reading to much into the name, I read it as it is a board for the TA, hence the just TA i.e not everyother corps and arm of the BA.

3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

A long time ago (well at least a year or two), we had a combined board for the TA, OTC & ACF. This upset quite a lot of people from all 3 organisations so we split them up .... hence 'JUST TA'...

4. I also read it as a board for just the TA. I also refrain from slagging off the TA if I reply to any posts in this forum. i think you are worrying a bout nothing mate.

5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Let's not get too paranoid about this, please. The Regulars are now more aware of the existence of the TA - at least at Field Officer level and below - than ever before, and this can only be a good thing.

LEt's leave us one area where we can talkamongst ourselves, please!

6. 307

307 War Hero

it's no biggy, it's like if you have a inf orientated question you go on the inf board, if it's a question TA suited you use this board simple as. Better than being clumped wioth the ACF & OTC!

7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Further to my last - it was in 2003.

8. Having a separate forum is the only way to avoid the world's supply of abuse from everyone else for spelling and typing like this...

[marq=left]"Derogetory fourm page name"[/marq]

9. So, nothing helpful from you then.....

10. Surely Part Time AND Professional? (We're sure that's what you meant :D )

11. Maybe we should call it the nit pickers forum, because that is what it seems to be becoming.
    Go on, say it, "well you started it".

12. Hi 27days. Welcome to arrse. :D

13. I've noticed that lots of us STABs seem to be very taken with the (V) bit in our titles. Perhaps we could call it a volunteers page, thus foxing all of our regular counterparts who will steer well clear....

As everyone knows, never volunteer for anything. The very title will send them scuttling away in terror and we will be left in peace as before.

14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

All four REME TA Bns lost the (V) from their Bn titles last year. Part of the one Army concept, etc. Not sure about the Inf, but I think it's the same for most of them as well. Others (apart from the RAMC) don't count.

BTW, I think part-time professionals is a fine description. Some of the time we are pretty professional, and some of the time we ain't...

15. Doesn't always work that way... a TA post in the Sigs forum (for example) will not get answered, stick it on this one and it does.

(p.s. I sure ones just jumped from TA onto Sigs one)