Dering Lines

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Aug 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

For my sins, I have to go to Dering Lines this week. I have the postcode, but neither of the satnavs I have will recognise it. I have an OS Map but it's the wrong scale or something, so once I'm headed into Brecon on the A40 I shall be even more lost than usual.

Could one of you kind folk please give me directions?

Much appreciated,
    GRB

2. Have you tried googlemaps?

3. Soon as you come off the roundabout into Brecon it's the first turn on the right and is signposted, the stupid crouching infantry statue will tip you off.

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

At the roundabout (on the A40) take the turning for the B4602. This road takes you into the centre of Brecon. Dering lines (as mentioned above) is the first turning on the right. It is signposted. If by some chance that you miss the entrance, there are plenty of opportunities to turn around.

5. That was easy, I was rather expecting some twat to spin the OPSEC bollocks!

6. Had to go Oxford-Dering Lines. Wondered how hard it would be to nav. Turns out it's one road from start to finish!

7. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thanks, all. I had tried the MoD and other websites, and indeed the sig of the person I'm visiting. However, I was looking for something I could write on a piece of paper and put in the car. Technology! Pah!

8. Go up/down A40 till you hit the A40/B4602/A470 roundabout.
    Turn off at B4602
    First right.

9. Grownup_Rafbrat

Pretty much what was on my piece of paper, except a big circle for roundabout, and the word 'Statue!' as a reminder.

Who needs satnav when you have ARRSe?

10. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

OK vvaannmmaann where do you need your alibi to be for when the SIB come to spin your drum/rattle your cage/etc... ?

12. You there for a map reading course? :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Seen my aviator .