Derek MacKay: Scotland's finance secretary resigns after allegedly sending hundreds of messages to 16-year-old boy

I thought anyone who had anything to do with youth movements had to undergo background checks. In this case, he'd clearly fail if asked to do so.
The checks they do are of a person's criminal record ...
Types of check
You can request:

• a basic check, which shows unspent convictions and conditional cautions
  • a standard check, which shows spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings
  • an enhanced check, which shows the same as a standard check plus any information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role
  • an enhanced check with barred lists, which shows the same as an enhanced check plus whether the applicant is on the list of people barred from doing the role
Chatting inappropriately to children online is never going to be revealed by this unless the creep has already been convicted of something, or if it's an enhanced disclosure, the Police have something on him. It's not a PV or DV.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@Fang_Farrier do tell us if it was not illegal was his behaviour appropriate, acceptable?
Have stated my opinion on this matter several times on this thread.

But just for you.

No, I do not think his behaviour either acceptable nor appropriate.

I was merely highlighting that a background check would have revealed nothing and even if one was performed today, I am not convinced a PVG check would come back negative as they are based on being charged with offences.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Have stated my opinion on this matter several times on this thread.

But just for you.

No, I do not think his behaviour either acceptable nor appropriate.

I was merely highlighting that a background check would have revealed nothing and even if one was performed today, I am not convinced a PVG check would come back negative as they are based on being charged with offences.
@craven50

Pray tell, why yet another dumb?

Text pest Mackay has been absent from his Constituency and will also be absent when the SP comes back from recess.

Derek Mackay is facing renewed calls to stand down as an MSP because he has avoided constituency duties and is expected to be absent when Holyrood returns from recess this week.

Unsurprisingly the creature will produce a Biff Chit when he eventually does resurface.

Disgraced Derek Mackay is undergoing “medical assessment and treatment” after resigning for allegedly “grooming” a 16 year old boy.
Chemical castration ??

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Text pest Mackay has been absent from his Constituency and will also be absent when the SP comes back from recess.

Unsurprisingly the creature will produce a Biff Chit when he eventually does resurface.

Chemical castration ??
Well highly likely he's experienced a fair degree of stress due to being found out.

Probably depressed his fun and games have ended.

Well highly likely he's experienced a fair degree of stress due to being found out.
It is more than likely that he is experiencing a fair degree of stress by his upcoming departure from the gravy train and nothing to do with being found out as a text pest / internet groomer.

He might also be stressing about his lack of future employment prospects, the thought of having to revert to a rent boy might also induce a bit of stress.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It is more than likely that he is experiencing a fair degree of stress by his upcoming departure from the gravy train and nothing to do with being found out as a text pest / internet groomer.

He might also be stressing about his lack of future employment prospects, the thought of having to revert to a rent boy might also induce a bit of stress.

He'll probably end up working as a consultant on internet security!

Unfortunately, I sincerely doubt he'll be so stressed out he goes Full Flack.

(Too soon?)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately, I sincerely doubt he'll be so stressed out he goes Full Flack.

(Too soon?)
Probably already had belt and shoelaces removed.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He's an MSP; if you handed him a bottle of whiskey and the Mess Webley, he'd shoot you in the back. Then claim the whisky on his expenses.
Probably wears slip on shoes anyway.

A sure sign of a pervert

Quoting an “informed source” the Daily Record says that Mackay will not face charges over the inappropriate/unacceptable messages. The claimed legal reasoning sounds entirely plausible to me., and I would NOT regard it as a politically-influenced or corrupt decision.

So be back at work shortly then, This lot have no shame "Oh he did nothing wrong/lack of judgement" nothing to see here move along next McGarrity will be wanting her job back.

The just because you can doesn't mean you should really needs to be ringing in their ears, What pisses me off about these self licking lollipop types either in the wee house or HoP when it came out about inappropriate behaviour a spokesperson came onto LBC and stated it would take extensive and expensive training courses for all concerned what utter bollocks! Simple film of a reworked version of the values and standards video used for MATTS to be done and signed off annually not good enough for them?

Seadog

ADC

Quite. Where else but politics
(football and rapping) could a no mark, university drop out end up on £100k and strut about with an entourage a 4* would find excessive?

He may brass it out as an independent MSP working from home on around £60k until the next Holyrood elections when he’ll surely be emptied out. Then, it’s P45 time.

In the short term his personal and family life - should there be one-will be difficult. I wouldn’t like to be his boyfriend and not only because I don’t like the boaby.

If his texts are any indication of his fluency, he may get a job translating teenspeak into English. Cool! LOL!

Seadog,
The SNP wouldn't have a redneck if you held a blow torch to it, Guess he wont be the FM shoe in now but they will keep him as an MSP so he can advise for a few years before being rehabilitated back into ministerial positions.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Quoting an “informed source” the Daily Record says that Mackay will not face charges over the inappropriate/unacceptable messages. The claimed legal reasoning sounds entirely plausible to me., and I would NOT regard it as a politically-influenced or corrupt decision.

Probably well aware of the law to stay just the right side of the line.

Seadog

ADC
The normally forgiving/excusing/blaming someone else/ woo woo CyberNats are not defending Mackay unless their false equivalents/whatabootery count. The odd nuttier nutter claims ‘cutie’ was fair game. Old enough to vote old enough to groom.

If Mackay is welcomed back or snuck in through the back door
( fnnarr) SNP membership/votes may drop.

This time next year I hope to see him selling The Big Issue in between visits to former colleagues in prison.

Last edited:
Have to say wee Nippy's new Finance Minister is a bit easier on the eye than Mr Mackay! Kate Forbes appointed today.
Kate Forbes.jpg

Latest Threads