Derek Chauvin on trial for killing of George Floyd Trial live stream...

Is Derek Chauvin - Guilty or Innocent?

• Total voters
Not in usual situations, no. The only times shouting is appropriate in my experience is trying to be heard in a noisy environment / far away, when you really need someone's attention urgently or to indicate that you are not happy with their behaviour.

None of which are really appropriate if you can address someone at normal conversation volume and they aren't an immediate threat to themselves or others. All shouting does in that situation is ramp up the adrenaline and escalate confrontation. Either you have the authority to do something more than shouting, in which case do that, or you don't and shouting is just a way of showing that you've lost control of your emotions and the situation.
I used to be on Submarines.

When I was a young sailor trying hard not to panic in one of my first real emergencies (flood alarm in the engine room), I was apparently getting rather loud when the officer of the watch leaned over to me and said tersely but in a very measured way, 'don't shout, it only tells me you're not in control'.

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever had.

Not in usual situations, no. The only times shouting is appropriate in my experience is trying to be heard in a noisy environment / far away, when you really need someone's attention urgently or to indicate that you are not happy with their behaviour.

None of which are really appropriate if you can address someone at normal conversation volume and they aren't an immediate threat to themselves or others. All shouting does in that situation is ramp up the adrenaline and escalate confrontation. Either you have the authority to do something more than shouting, in which case do that, or you don't and shouting is just a way of showing that you've lost control of your emotions and the situation.
Well that is one way of doing business.

This would be an example of life for many of us over here with our types of authority figures. But of course Hollywood doesn't have the coach hitting you on the helmet with his whistle either, whilst grabbing your face mask and giving you a pep talk. But the a$$ chewing is a way to motivate individuals to attain success in a rapid fashion.

giatttt

War Hero
First time I’ve seen that. Evil bastard RIH.
RIP Officer.

It was picked up by the Daily mail a few days ago, but I guess it doesn't fit the narrative.

The BBC (other MSM outlets are available) have strayed a long way from Reith's ideal now it's all about garnering ratings whilst minimising complaints from the small, but vocal single issue protest professionals.

The black narrative

The root is cultural news from a black perspective. Some interesting points from the article though. One of the officers admitted that it wasn't uncommon for those being asked to pull over to drive all the way to the petrol station before they pulled over. It was a dark unlit road.

The Lt wasn't charged because the Police officers didn't want the Double Jeopardy of being charged twice being applied to him - the Army would also charge him, even if he was found innocent in a civilian court.
There’s a 30min video of the entire event online which shows him to be guilty of Driving Whilst a Dick... as the cops explained, all he had to do was follow instructions and get out of the car.

You and I can have opinions and nobody cares. This is a statement from a two-term president of the United States that someone is a murderer before they have even been convicted of anything.
I think the man is a bellend so if I was on jury I wouldn't care.
The public are more likely to care what an actor or singer says than him.

A thought occurs, what are the odds on Chauvin being found guilty of murder and getting life imprisonment to prevent large scale rioting. Then 18 months later his trial is conveniently found to be a miscarrriage of justice, he gets a large wad of compo and, in return for keeping his mouth shut, is allowed to retire into obscurity?

It came into my head when Swan Song mentioned the shooting of Daniel Shaver earlier. The cop who shot Shaver was eventually found not guilty but sacked by his department. It later turned out he was rehired for about a month which allowed him to claim his full pension. It seems unlikely but not impossible for something similar to happen to Chauvin.

He'd have to spend those 18 months in solitary if he wants to live.

endure

GCM
Well that is one way of doing business.

This would be an example of life for many of us over here with our types of authority figures. But of course Hollywood doesn't have the coach hitting you on the helmet with his whistle either, whilst grabbing your face mask and giving you a pep talk. But the a$$ chewing is a way to motivate individuals to attain success in a rapid fashion.
Over here I'd just walk away and never play again. 'Big' men with little willies motivate no-one but their own underwear.

colinmc400

Clanker
I have recently started to wonder what has changed in the US and why there were so many reports of Police Officers "killing" people. I wondered what has taken place to drive this, or was it just a different narrative of the MSM, in that it maybe always happened, but did not get reported?? I googled a couple of things and was sort of surprised how many officer's were being killed in the line of duty, a decent proportion by gunfire or vehicular assault. Have they started adopting a shoot them before they shoot us mentality??

Check this one out and it maybe, just maybe partially explains some of the changes in attitude. I don't expect the plod expected this to happen and this for sure was not reported on any MSM i could see.

Those of us who have been in the military, yes of course, as well as some other professions (journalism seems to have a lot of shouty types, for some reason).

The rest of society?

No, not so much, but then we're civilised, old bean.

On this side of the Atlantic If we wish to be harsh, we use sarcasm or omit the biscuits when having a meeting.

@RoofRat will be along shortly to whack your peepee.

Upon hearing the news that the police officer who shot Daunte Wright had resigned, along with the police chief, Amber Young, a food services coordinator at a Salvation Army in Minneapolis, says she had two reactions.
She was glad but felt the announcement should have come sooner.
Standing outside the Brooklyn Center police department, she described how upset she has been with the actions of the police.

"She should have been fired," says Young, referring to the police officer. "Her resignation should not have come before [that]."

This is what needs to be jumped on - People need to be told we cannot just sack someone there has to be an investigation - we need to follow procedure.

Instead the ignorant spout about people not getting fired and it goes unchallenged - thus becomes fact etc.

Edit and this bollox
Mr Wright was pulled over for an expired tag on his car license plate. Family members and advocates say he was racially profiled

Needs a firm dose of we saw the plates not the driver - plates dont indicate race -please refrain from unfounded speculation and allegations.

How many mass-shootings and Police shooting blacks happened under his watch?
It doesn't matter, he claims to be black so it won't be his fault.

I think the man is a bellend so if I was on jury I wouldn't care.
The public are more likely to care what an actor or singer says than him.
True, but he has over 130 million followers on Twitter and people listen to what he says. If I were Chauvin's defence team I'd be all over that post from Obama as prejudicial to my client and call for a mistrial, delay of proceedings, whatever, to drag it out as far as possible from the events of last summer.

We even call each other out on here and get warnings from the mods or posts deleted if we say anything remotely prejudicial to ongoing trials. Alexander Blackman's and Darren Pencil's are two that spring to mind.

True, but he has over 130 million followers on Twitter and people listen to what he says. If I were Chauvin's defence team I'd be all over that post from Obama as prejudicial to my client and call for a mistrial, delay of proceedings, whatever, to drag it out as far as possible from the events of last summer.

We even call each other out on here and get warnings from the mods or posts deleted if we say anything remotely prejudicial to ongoing trials. Alexander Blackman's and Darren Pencil's are two that spring to mind.

Im pretty certain the judge would tell the defence to jog on, otherwise famous people all over the world would be able to get people off charges by posting a tweet.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Does the office shout at you when it’s your turn to put kettle on:???:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I used to be on Submarines.

When I was a young sailor trying hard not to panic in one of my first real emergencies (flood alarm in the engine room), I was apparently getting rather loud when the officer of the watch leaned over to me and said tersely but in a very measured way, 'don't shout, it only tells me you're not in control'.

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever had.
If only someone mentioned that to my old Sgt Major, this tinnitus might not be half as bad.

tgo

LE
I have recently started to wonder what has changed in the US and why there were so many reports of Police Officers "killing" people. I wondered what has taken place to drive this, or was it just a different narrative of the MSM, in that it maybe always happened, but did not get reported?? I googled a couple of things and was sort of surprised how many officer's were being killed in the line of duty, a decent proportion by gunfire or vehicular assault. Have they started adopting a shoot them before they shoot us mentality??

Check this one out and it maybe, just maybe partially explains some of the changes in attitude. I don't expect the plod expected this to happen and this for sure was not reported on any MSM i could see.

It's not just the US, here too, I put it down to the wonders of Da Internet and bloody cameras all over the place, cctv, and in your pocket via the smartphone, easy to edit footage to suit your own narrative and easy to disseminate to a wide audience, including sadly the MSM, making a perfect shitstorm we all have to navigate.

"Statement by President Obama
April 13 2021"
Have I missed something?
Former Presidents still hold the title "President".

It's like former Major Generals still holding the title "Major Gerneral" or "Mr" [if they are CEA Fraudsters].

Issi

LE
Apparently, and according to one of his friends, in the couple of minutes before the police arrived, Mr Floyd ‘suddenly’ fell asleep, and had to be woken when the police arrived.
Hmmmmm.

Latest Threads