Derek Chauvin on trial for killing of George Floyd Trial live stream...

Is Derek Chauvin - Guilty or Innocent?

• Total voters

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Autopsy said drug overdose. So....

The doctor with his pet theory is simply wrong.

tgo

War Hero
Thank you, for your opinion on the issue.

No worries, I like guns as much as the next guy, but at least be honest about it, you don't call a garden spade a 'hand trowel with support' do you.

Short barrelled rifles is what they are, short barrelled rifles should be how they're classified.

Anything is else is gratuitous self delusion because it fits the narrative.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Explaining yourself when the cleaner caught you ?
Objection, my client was in the bath and just giving it a vigorous wash your honour.

There’s a guy called Dr Martin Tobin who’s a leading recognised medical expert on the human pulmonary system who has quite convincingly shown the court with visual aids and accompanying expert testimony how the restraint treatment used on Floyd restricted and then cut off the oxygen leading to Floyd‘s death.

It kind of pretty much kicks your claim that the drugs killed Floyd into touch. It’s a well known fact that Floyd was a drug user. They didn’t kill him though according to expert testimony.

There’s a misunderstanding there that I think is common when people have been exposed to the British system, whereby generally expert witnesses are independent & impartial (indeed very often the expert witness gets mutually agreed by prosecution and defence prior to commissioning expert reports)

The US system has a lot more use of prosecution and defence witnesses offering different opinions

Martin Tobin is undoubtedly an expert witness, but he was a prosecution expert witness, not an independent expert witness, therefore MRDA

There’s a misunderstanding there that I think is common when people have been exposed to the British system, whereby generally expert witnesses are independent & impartial (indeed very often the expert witness gets mutually agreed by prosecution and defence prior to commissioning expert reports)

The US system has a lot more use of prosecution and defence witnesses offering different opinions

Martin Tobin is undoubtedly an expert witness, but he was a prosecution expert witness, not an independent expert witness, therefore MRDA
Don't be silly. He had visual aids and everything. It's a slam dunk for the prosecution.

Don't be silly. He had visual aids and everything. It's a slam dunk for the prosecution.

Visual aids????, did he get that from looking at too much xHamster

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well how do you explain having an orange placed in two orifices ?
Er, my client thought it was soap and having placed it in the bath accidentally sat on it and it slipped up the offending passage.
This was a most unfortunate incident and my client was merely relaxing in a hot bath having being tasting and testing oranges for his next batch of home made marmalade.
He loves marmalade and oranges and this in itself is not a crime.
The defence rests.

No worries, I like guns as much as the next guy, but at least be honest about it, you don't call a garden spade a 'hand trowel with support' do you.

Short barrelled rifles is what they are, short barrelled rifles should be how they're classified.

Anything is else is gratuitous self delusion because it fits the narrative.
Then why were they not classified as SBR's when the pistol brace was invented in 2012? These are not whiz bang new items, they have been around for almost a decade with millions in circulation?

There was a young British girl interviewed on the BBC recently, she stated that -

‘We have to protest as young men are being killed by the police EVERY DAY in this country’

Oddly enough, the BBC reporter didn’t ask her to substantiate her statement
I saw that, or a very similar interview, and as no evidence for that claim was presented or asked for, I had a look for myself. This is what I turned up. In 10 years there were 164 deaths involving the Police. 141 white, 13 black, 10 others. Hardly a killing every day.

Autopsy said drug overdose. So....

The doctor with his pet theory is simply wrong.
The objective facts are the Doctor said from the final words and dying was 5 seconds and assuming the average for holding someone down in that position is probably at least five minutes and Floyds additional drug consumption was kicking in around the 5th Minute of the hold, Chauvin had a window of perhaps 2 minutes according to the doctor to do something before he expired/slipped into a coma around minute 7.

My point, is Chauvin didn't know any of this and I would imagine the neck/shoulder hold can be applied beyond five minutes and hence no set standard. Irrespective, Chauvin was negligent not to take his knee away when Floyd stopped struggling(unconscious/dead) and for the final two minutes a mistake has him on trial on charges which are significantly beyond reasonable and is little more than a show trial.

Then why were they not classified as SBR's when the pistol brace was invented in 2012? These are not whiz bang new items, they have been around for almost a decade with millions in circulation?

FFS, don't turn this thread into another of your interminable "Muh guns" whingefests.

One the ten tests for 'excited delrium' was whether the subject was compliant with police instructions. The doc with the Bobby Charlton style comb-over said he was and yet, from the body-cam evidence, there were at least two occasions when Floyd wasn't compliant - the first was when he was first approached by the police and they had to drag him out of his car because he wouldn't follow their instructions, and the second was when they were trying to get him into the squad car when he was struggling with them and saying he couldn't breath and was claustrophobic. I'm surprised the defence counsel didn't pick up on that.

Agree with @Emcon Ecomcon, would it be reasonable for Chauvin to have that level of in-depth knowledge of the respiratory system and was that included in the MPD's syllabus of training?

Some expert testimony.
When the defence wheel out their tame Dr, will you be saying look the nice Dr, showed some lovely pictures that kicks the neck compression theory into touch, he OD'd. Will you be agreeing with his expert testimony?

At this point the state is basically saying that positional hypoxia is the principal cause of death.. exacerbated by pressure on Mr Floyds chest and abdomen... Now strictly speaking that makes the other officers sat on him more directly responsible than Mr Chauvin.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Chauvin had a window of perhaps 2 minutes according to the doctor to do something before he expired/slipped into a coma around minute 7.

Chauvin's job was to sort out the mess the two rookie cops had left by restraining him. He'd called an ambulance and noone in their right minds would expect him to give CPR etc to a crim during a pandemic. Especially not one built like a brick shit house.

Manslaughter charge might well be appropriate for his drug dealer, though he's likely black so immune from criticism.

If Floyd didn't want to be in a restraining position he could simply not have resisted arrest. If he was having genuine difficulties due to the cocktail of drugs he could have told the hoccifers such.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If it had been the hispanic or black cop leading the restraining noone would have heard of this nonsense.

Chauvin's job was to sort out the mess the two rookie cops had left by restraining him. He'd called an ambulance and noone in their right minds would expect him to give CPR etc to a crim during a pandemic. Especially not one built like a brick shit house.

Manslaughter charge might well be appropriate for his drug dealer, though he's likely black so immune from criticism.

If Floyd didn't want to be in a restraining position he could simply not have resisted arrest. If he was having genuine difficulties due to the cocktail of drugs he could have told the hoccifers such.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If it had been the hispanic or black cop leading the restraining noone would have heard of this nonsense.
As said before, the entire prosecution case comes down to two minutes. The 5th minute of the video the doctor says he was struggling to breath and the doctor has no interest in what happened before Floyd was placed on the ground and neither does the state.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The objective facts are the Doctor said from the final words and dying was 5 seconds and assuming the average for holding someone down in that position is probably at least five minutes and Floyds additional drug consumption was kicking in around the 5th Minute of the hold, Chauvin had a window of perhaps 2 minutes according to the doctor to do something before he expired/slipped into a coma around minute 7.

My point, is Chauvin didn't know any of this and I would imagine the neck/shoulder hold can be applied beyond five minutes and hence no set standard. Irrespective, Chauvin was negligent not to take his knee away when Floyd stopped struggling(unconscious/dead) and for the final two minutes a mistake has him on trial on charges which are significantly beyond reasonable and is little more than a show trial.
Chauvin knew that kneeling on someone’s neck for a sustained period whilst that subject was cuffed and the threat level greatly decreased was uncalled for and went against his training. It doesn’t matter what went on before hand, most coppers have been assaulted by a person they went on to detain, it does not matter one jot what went on before.
Him kneeling on a detained person was not a mistake
it was an assault which turned deadly.
He was negligent and his actions regardless of what medical knowledge he had or his intent is neither here nor there, the bottom line is, did his actions cause or contribute towards Floyds death?
From what I saw on the news last night Floyds toxicology levels were pretty low, to be honest I’m pretty sure they had no part in his death.
Floyd was a scrote and no loss to society in fact I would say Minnesota is a safer and better State without him, that doesn’t allow for police to carry out arrests in this manner though.

Last edited:

Latest Threads