Derek Chauvin on trial for killing of George Floyd Trial live stream...

Is Derek Chauvin - Guilty or Innocent?

• Total voters
I'll bet he puts a heavy tax on the purchase of firearms and ammunition along with having to register firearms in order to be able to buy ammunition.

Cool. Further regulate the law abiding while trying terribly hard not to make eye contact with the 600lb gorilla stood in the corner.

Why didn‘t he/they just re sit him up like in this video? Strange.
I agree, it may have also calmed down the crowd.... But Floyd himself asked to lie down, after fighting against leaving his own car and fighting again going into the back of the squad car and complained that he had 'ate some drugs' and couldn't breath. At that point, the Officers had restored some measure of control with the cuffs and two knees in the back, ambulance on way and the threats are all external.

What isn't in dispute is Chauvin showed scant regard for Floyd after control was established and for that he lost his job. But, I think it wholly disproportionate to lose his freedom and the state still hasn't proven the death was anything but an overdose and have chosen to concentrate on the emotive video and ignore the totality of the incident.

I agree, it may have also calmed down the crowd.... But Floyd himself asked to lie down, after fighting against leaving his own car and fighting again going into the back of the squad car and complained that he had 'ate some drugs' and couldn't breath. At that point, the Officers had restored some measure of control with the cuffs and two knees in the back, ambulance on way and the threats are all external.

What isn't in dispute is Chauvin showed scant regard for Floyd after control was established and for that he lost his job. But, I think it wholly disproportionate to lose his freedom and the state still hasn't proven the death was anything but an overdose and have chosen to concentrate on the emotive video and ignore the totality of the incident.

BLM keep demanding white folk take the knee, Chauvin did it in spades

There's no pleasing some folks

Careful now.

BLM are a professional anarchist movement who convinced a generation of kids and the idiotic media to treat the tragic death of a man, as an exercise in community theatre. You saw the same after the death of sarah everard where political action groups grabbed onto the incident (encouraged by the media) and then hijacked her death to score political points over a Government Bill dealing with protests which intentionally cause disruption to ordinary people.

Issi

LE
There was a young British girl interviewed on the BBC recently, she stated that -

‘We have to protest as young men are being killed by the police EVERY DAY in this country’

Oddly enough, the BBC reporter didn’t ask her to substantiate her statement

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Careful now.
Forking hell that’s close to the mark, they’ll be raking over this.*

*These comments should be moved to the gardening thread, just to cover ourselves.

There was a young British girl interviewed on the BBC recently, she stated that -

‘We have to protest as young men are being killed by the police EVERY DAY in this country’

Oddly enough, the BBC reporter didn’t ask her to substantiate her statement
The media have a strong tendency towards simplification of a narrative and so it forms an opinion itself and then seeks to harvest from voxpops the Confirmation Bias to reinforce that narrative and your then in a position where to deny the narrative is tantamount to a sin.

Much of what I argue about is driven from a lack of reliable information and trying to argue that people need to maintain a healthy skepticism and not simply cut-n-paste quotes from the media. To keep some military language authentic to the site: Imagine, if an OP spots 'a s*** load of insurgents'. You can accept that report and mobilize, or garner an actual count and its 5 blokes and a couple of donkeys..

Well that will be another million firearms sold and billion rounds of ammo. Let the panic buying round 29 commence...

I just had a look at President Biden's gun control measures and they are really going to have the criminals shaking in their boots. There is nothing like tackling gun crime head on and this is nothing like tackling gun crime head on.

Maybe he should have shouted in a polite tone, "Excuse me officer, I am having considerable difficulty in breathing normally." (you know, before he went and died.)

His own fault then.

He died from a fentanyl overdose and they found a half chewed "speedball" in the back of the car with saint George of Floyd's DNA on it. The video evidence shows that the cop delivered restraint technique as he was trained to by kneeling on the guys shoulder / shoulder blade.

Floyd also had considerable track record on the wrong side of the law and began this confrontation by refusing to get into and stay in the patrol car which if he did, none of this would have happened and he would be alive but in prison for drug offenses. The crying and other nonsense about i can't breathe was a ploy to try to get rid of the drugs he had on him and the idiot somehow thought he would survive eating it.

**** him. I'm no fan of the police but if there is any justice, the cop will walk out a free man and begin his own court case for unprecedented damages against the state and the press.

I just had a look at President Biden's gun control measures and they are really going to have the criminals shaking in their boots. There is nothing like tackling gun crime head on and this is nothing like tackling gun crime head on.
His orders will only target the law abiding.
I don't give a rat's a$$ about the ghost guns, won't cry about them. But pistol braces have been legal since 2012 and now they are going to be an NFA item. Good luck getting those who own them to pay the stamp for that rule change.

He died from a fentanyl overdose and they found a half chewed "speedball" in the back of the car with saint George of Floyd's DNA on it. The video evidence shows that the cop delivered restraint technique as he was trained to by kneeling on the guys shoulder / shoulder blade.

Floyd also had considerable track record on the wrong side of the law and began this confrontation by refusing to get into and stay in the patrol car which if he did, none of this would have happened and he would be alive but in prison for drug offenses. The crying and other nonsense about i can't breathe was a ploy to try to get rid of the drugs he had on him and the idiot somehow thought he would survive eating it.

**** him. I'm no fan of the police but if there is any justice, the cop will walk out a free man and begin his own court case for unprecedented damages against the state and the press.
The cop wont be allowed to walk free even if what you say is 100% fact , there will be worldwide rioting and looting otherwise and those in power are scared stiff .

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Or the defence. They could claim the Police swabbed his mouth with the pill and left it to be found
Not even American police are that silly.

Are they:???:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Now confirmed that pill with his saliva on in the police car, and further pills found in his car - bearing oxycodone surface marking - contained Methamphetamine and Fentanyl
It be better for the defence if they were found in his blood system.
I just watched a bit evidence from a Dr and that was about the most interesting so far.
Calculating all sorts of carbon dioxide levels and he could tell exactly when Floyd expired and that the defendant had his knee on Floyds neck for 2 minutes and 44 seconds after the last breath.
He stated that the video showing Floyd struggling was in fact Floyd trying to press up to get a breath into the right side of his body as the left side by this time wasn’t getting any oxygen at all.
The defence asked for an adjournment and will cross examine after an extended lunch.
Either that or enter a guilty plea.

Last edited:

Latest Threads