Derek Chauvin on trial for killing of George Floyd Trial live stream...

Is Derek Chauvin - Guilty or Innocent?

• Total voters
Apologies.

I agree - and people I think only feel unsafe because it suits the needs of those perpetuating the myth that they are. The myth that women are constantly at danger of rape or death at the hands of men is one that I despise, to the point where I feel uneasy walking in the vicinity of any woman on her own - she may feel unsafe due to this myth and I would hate to contribute to such a feeling despite knowing I have before ran towards a woman in danger putting my own life at risk (Perhaps this is one for the snowflake thread, or the one about that poor woman murdered and the subsequent backlash).

These myths are perpetuated - and you might remember that you cannot (except in very rare circumstances where a PPW is licenced) possess a firearm for self-defence in the UK, nor have anything on your person or in your home for such a purpose. If you use your 4 D Cell maglite to stove in the brain of an intruder (that you keep by your bed for electricity failures) or run him through with your purely decorative wall-hanger then well and good...
(last para about self-defence - IIRC)
Great scene in the pirate series Black Sails where the pirate captain explains the raising of the black is a very subtle psychological game and you don't want to panic the prey and induce either fight, or flight. Most criminals usually have no desire for trouble and simply want the loot, but it gets complicated when the criminals are also users of drugs and are probably worse at weapons safety than the average homeowner (gun stuffed in waistband and one in the chamber).

Chauvin and his colleagues were guilty of inducing panic in the criminal and that probably killed Floyd(stress inducing cardiac arrest). But in America, the odds of the criminal having a gun makes the threat very real and even the crowd in the case of Chauvin is theoretically a threat. I would imagine if we both lived in the states, that decorative wall hanger would be a Remington Shotgun and an unloaded pistol handy.

Because trying to buy drugs with a counterfeit bill ( something I don't think you have any evidence of) is of course worthy of an extra judicial execution.

You simplistic, racist pr1ck.
Read what he said fool

Nomad1382

War Hero
I have watched the video. The officers were shouting contradictory commands - at the same time telling him to keep his hands outside of the car and to open the door. There was no weapon evident at any time. It was very poorly executed by the officers in question.
See post #1861 above, verbal commands during a High Risk Traffic Stop. It became High Risk when he failed to pull over. In the same vein as the officers not communicating properly, neither did he. When he decided not to pull over until he found a better illuminated area but didn't communicate that to any one, the officers were left to make assumptions based on experience and training.

Partly related to this thread,
The BBC News 24 is showing a livestream of another person killed by the Police in America...... LIVESTREAM FFS!
I was hoping for some anaysis of the situation in Ukraine, or to learn more about the new COVID threat from India, but no, not possible at the moment.
THe presenter is new to me and is guilty of screaching levels of wokery, and they have a roving reporter in the USA who seems to have decided that the mob must be listened to.
I am back to my old habit of shouting at the news.

Ahh, the line of thought of the terminally stupid.

Razor sharp comeback , no need to expand on my post or explain your view. Those 9 words are enough. Kudos on solving the gun crime issue in the US.

Before you accept the Noble prize , just do us all a favour and answer this question with a yes or no.

Will criminals and organised crime obey stricter gun control laws in the US?

Last edited:

Snowy.

On ROPS
On ROPs
The BBC News 24 is showing a livestream of another person killed by the Police in America...... LIVESTREAM FFS!
I was hoping for some anaysis of the situation in Ukraine, or to learn more about the new COVID threat from India, but no, not possible at the moment.
THe presenter is new to me and is guilty of screaching levels of wokery, and they have a roving reporter in the USA who seems to have decided that the mob must be listened to.

Why the hell are you watching BBC news?...

I am not watching any UK news channels until GB News starts broadcasting...

Nomad1382

War Hero
Some food for thought on several of these issue. Chauvin was found guilty by a jury of his peers, enough said. Floyd resisting was the beginning of the downward spiral. Chauvin kneeing on Floyd was not a proper technique, though it was taught at one time many years ago. His in-service training probably covered the new and revised techniques but unless it was very repetitive like in a training academy, he would resort, virtually unconsciously to previous learned things under stress. That is NOT an excuse for his action and don't mistake it for that. Once you have someone in custody, you as an officer, have a duty to care. Regardless of how big an Arrsehole the subject is, his wellbeing is your responsibility.

Lots of mistakes have been made over the years, drunks left laying on their stomachs, people pepper sprayed an tossed face down on the back seat of a patrol car, pepper sprayed and not monitored for ill effects...There's an excellent video out there of 2 officers contacting a subject armed with a gun in a back yard. Subject raises the gun and is shot by the police, striking him in the femoral artery. The officers cuff the subject then immediately pull out a tourniquet and stop the bleeding, all in probably 40 seconds from shots fired to bleeding stopped.

On the subject of "I can't breath!!!!" Virtually every subject, especially the frequent fliers, will shout that they can't breath, the cuffs are too tight, "you're hurting me" etc. It's more often than not a ploy for you to let up so they can resume the attack. You still have that duty to care but you have to watch your safety too. I've had to officers end up in hospital after being mule kicked by handcuffed subjects. On that subject, while I was teaching at our police academy, during the pepper spray practical I was the tackling dummy. What that entailed was, after the student was sprayed they worked through a series of exercises, fighting off attackers, baton strikes and finally, taking control and handcuffing an armed subject (me). One of the students was down to the part of applying the cuffs and was attempting to make my wrist do something they weren't made to do. I'm yelling in pain, he's dutifully ignoring my cries of pain as that was part of the scenario to begin with. Finally one of my fellow instructors realized that to get the second cuff on, the student was going to have to separate either my shoulder or detach my wrist. He was able to step in and keep my wrist bones intact and the student successfully completed his task.

Sorry for the long winded post all, hope there's some nugget of decent information in there somewhere.

We were restraining a con in a fairly confined space some years ago who was out of his head on spice.
Vomit all over the place & I ended up on top of him with no way of getting myself off when some one noticed he was turning blue.
A vomit covered druggie impersonating a smurf? I can see how that would be a challenging wank.

Razor sharp comeback , no need to expand on my post or explain your view. Those 9 words are enough. Kudos on solving the gun crime issue in the US.

Before you accept the Noble prize , just do us all a favour and answer this question with a yes or no.

Will criminals and organised crime obey stricter gun control laws in the US?
Draz would be the individual who has a sign pointed at his house proudly proclaiming his views.

1619121739318.png

SignalFire

Clanker
Still waiting for you to show source.

If it's your mate Stewart Yaxley-Lennon down the pub, fair enough.

• Blacks constitute 13% of the U.S. population, but represent 27% of all criminal activity in the U.S.

• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving Blacks and Whites, Blacks commit 85 percent and Whites commit 15 percent. This means that a Black is 27 times more likely to attack a White person than vice versa.

Average ІQ of white Americans: 100

Hispanic-Americans 89

African-Americans 85

• Black males age 18-35 years of age are only 1.8% of the U.S. population, yet have committed 52% of homicides from 1980-2008. Black males (all ages) are only 6% of the U.S. population, yet commit 46% of all violent crimes, and 50% of the gun homicides. If Blacks were removed from the equation, the U.S. gun homicide rate would be equal to Great Britain's, who have some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the world.

• Blacks constitute 13% of the U.S. population, but represent 27% of all criminal activity in the U.S.

• Black males between 16-35 years of age are only 2.0% of the population, yet commit 72% of the street crime in America.

• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is Black.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s safer to watch the snooker all colours involved, the white gets hit all the time and the black is worth the most points.

• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving Blacks and Whites, Blacks commit 85 percent and Whites commit 15 percent. This means that a Black is 27 times more likely to attack a White person than vice versa.

Average ІQ of white Americans: 100

Hispanic-Americans 89

African-Americans 85

• Black males age 18-35 years of age are only 1.8% of the U.S. population, yet have committed 52% of homicides from 1980-2008. Black males (all ages) are only 6% of the U.S. population, yet commit 46% of all violent crimes, and 50% of the gun homicides. If Blacks were removed from the equation, the U.S. gun homicide rate would be equal to Great Britain's, who have some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the world.

• Black males between 16-35 years of age are only 2.0% of the population, yet commit 72% of the street crime in America.

• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is Black.
Are you going to make a conclusion with this or just throw out statistics?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Why the hell are you watching BBC news?...

I am not watching any UK news channels until GB News starts broadcasting...
Someone admitted to watching Jeremy Vine earlier. :omfg:Or was that yesterday.:slow:

Latest Threads