Derby Fire Deaths - Parents charged!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blade-Runner, May 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now when this first came onto the news, I thought 'who the feck would do something like that'. The more I thought about it, I came to a theory that it may have been the dad doing it for an insurance job or doing it as an excuse to get moved to a bigger house. But that was me being sceptical...

Then I read this....

BBC News - Derby fire deaths: Mick and Mairead Philpott charged

So looks like they have enough evidence to prove it was the parents. Was the idiot that daft enough not to realise kids were in there, or did he plan it all thinking, 'Ill set fire to the house a wee bit so I can run and rescue the kids so it doesnt look like I did it...'

Well sir, this is a plan that seriously backfired on you.... no pun intended!
  2. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet. Ongoing investigation and all that.
  3. Well its obvious that they don't quite get their heads around "consequences of your actions" Just look at how many children they have.
  4. fixed that
    • Like Like x 9
  5. I sincerely hope it wasn't the parents. If so, it'd be a tragic story and a new low reputation for the dolites out there. And... why would he wipe out his own 'income'? How much would they be getting on child benefits a year? My wild guess is £40k. Any advances on that?
  6. Been remanded by South Derbyshire magistrates to appear at Crown court in Nottingham tomorrow

7. Don't forget he was a father of 17, there's 11 more kicking about somewhere!
  9. There's a face missing from this! Where is Max Clifford?
  10. What? And break the site tradition? **** off, it was them what did it and they did it to get a bigger house. Well, that's the version I'm sticking with.
  11. Maybe...maybe's not.
  12. Plus some will be of an age where he can't claim for them. Just think if the mum is preggers they can give the Sprog a nice chavvy name like say Phoenix
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 4