Deputy Speaker arrested - reports

He is being questioned over two allegations, one of rape and another of sexual assault against two men, two men who I understand are in their late 20s.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
is it the tories turn allready seeing as the libs had the last one - they are taking this coalition thing seriously in some ways at least.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
they should have an affirmative action in parliament with a proportional representation of mps to society - it needs more wimmin and a lot less hermers.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Lancashire police may be taking these things 'seriously' but with one's tinfoil bandana on one does wonder why the arrest was today and not before the elections.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Just to be clear, I think the it's the 'rape' rather than the 'gay' part that's problematic.
but if he wasn't a sexual deviant then the problem would be different.

Was it upon the health? To keep with party tradition and all that.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead

Careful with the accusations chaps.... A certain ex Tory treasurer made quite a bit of dosh out of false claims.

The man is innocent until convicted in a court of law even if he is a Tory MP.

What we do know and which is actually on the record is at least one Tory MP's have a habit of turning up dead wearing full webbing have suffocated on an orange whilst tossing themselves off...

Who remembers this case?

Old Bill according to the Telegraph have been providing him with free board and lodging since yesterday morning..

They claim to have been raped and sexually assaulted between July 2009 and March 2013 at his constituency. Both were in their twenties at the times of the attacks, although their exact ages have not been disclosed.

The Conservative MP was arrested at his home in Pendleton, Lancashire, yesterday morning and is understood to be still in custody for questioning. The property has been searched by officers.

David Cameron, the Prime Minister, was informed of the arrest today, as was John Bercow, the Speaker of the House of Commons.

Lancashire police may be taking these things 'seriously' but with one's tinfoil bandana on one does wonder why the arrest was today and not before the elections.
One suspects the police have lots of powder with a carefully scheduled period of dryness programmed in.

Not wanting to get ahead of the game here but......

If he is charged then I suspect he will have to resign his seat in order to focus his entire energy in fighting the ludicrous accusations levelled at him...... In any event CMD is not going to want to publicity of a sitting Tory MP (and deputy speaker) being convicted of rape.

But then again he is not going to want the By Election either giving the shoeing they got on Thursday....

Interesting times.

I predict this is the first of several well timed salvoes against the tory party.

One suspects the police have lots of powder with a carefully scheduled period of dryness programmed in.
Police and powder! Look what they did with Pleb-gate, it might be an idea for them to outsource the prosecution to Capita! Sadly the police and their relations with Tory politicians is hardly impressive.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You mean heath?...
I know ex-MPs and PMs like to hawk themselves out on the after-dinner circuit but surely that's a taking it a bit far.