Deputy General Secretary of the Met Police Federation - Abuse of power

I know many serving officers view the Federation as a closed shop who are untouchable. Living proof if needed. Surely there should be some impact on his severance/pension package?

I know many serving officers view the Federation as a closed shop who are untouchable. Living proof if needed. Surely there should be some impact on his severance/pension package?

Normally you can never get them to do your job and help you, the bunch of useless f*ckwits. It was obvious he was only representing her so he could get into her knickers.

Daz

LE
Normally you can never get them to do your job and help you, the bunch of useless f*ckwits. It was obvious he was only representing her so he could get into her knickers.
And that's a bad thing because???

jmb3296

War Hero
Interesting verdict

“He would have been dismissed without notice if he was still a serving officer”

But he isn’t, he resigned or left two years previously.

He is referred to as a Detective Sergeant, but he hadn’t been for at least two years.
A discipline hearing has been held, at no doubt considerable cost, to make a decision to sack someone who doesn’t work there anyway.

What was the point or benefit of doing so.

Interesting verdict

“He would have been dismissed without notice if he was still a serving officer”

But he isn’t, he resigned or left two years previously.

He is referred to as a Detective Sergeant, but he hadn’t been for at least two years.
A discipline hearing has been held, at no doubt considerable cost, to make a decision to sack someone who doesn’t work there anyway.

What was the point or benefit of doing so.
You’ve never had any dealings with HR types have you?

I believe that there was a High Court ruling a few years ago which stated that since a person had paid into a scheme it was not right to take that away as any punishment. A breach of discipline should be dealt with on its merit and an addition and excessive punishment was not on. Something like that.

The point of the hearing after resignation, is to find them guilty/not guilty, if guilty, they are placed on a College of Policing barred list, which means they can never be employed in a law enforcement position again.

If stops people from resigning and then reapplying to a different organisation later on.

The point of the hearing after resignation, is to find them guilty/not guilty, if guilty, they are placed on a College of Policing barred list, which means they can never be employed in a law enforcement position again.

If stops people from resigning and then reapplying to a different organisation later on.
That'll learn em! Needs to be on a sex offenders register!

Which court has found him guilty of a Sexual Offence that warrants being put on the sex offenders register?

Well, if the Met are anything like GMP

Greater Manchester police (GMP) are to be placed in special measures after inspectors expressed “serious cause for concern” when the force failed to record a fifth of all reported crimes.

There will be a few coppers not even being reported, never mind getting to Court.

There will be a few coppers not even being reported, never mind getting to Court.

Do you think that this relates to people not reporting crime or the police failing to correctly crime or categorise it?

This link indicates the complexity of Crime Recording a breach of this would be considered a statistic. All forces to a certain extant have and do fall foul of the rules.

It would appear that GMP still haven’t got the systems in place to effectively abide by the rules. Maybe they used resources to police elsewhere.

Do you think that this relates to people not reporting crime or the police failing to correctly crime or categorise it?

You tell me

Greater Manchester police (GMP) are to be placed in special measures after inspectors expressed “serious cause for concern” when the force failed to record a fifth of all reported crimes.

Last week Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services (HMICFRS) criticised GMP for failing to report 80,000 crimes in the year to 30 June.

Sounds like a minor oversight to me :rolleyes:

The boss

Days after the report was published, the GMP chief constable, Ian Hopkins, announced he had been signed off sick. He said he had been suffering from labyrinthitis, an inner ear infection that affects balance, since the end of October.

All in all, an outstanding effort :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Which court has found him guilty of a Sexual Offence that warrants being put on the sex offenders register?
I'm saying if I behaved like that with a colleague my company would call the police in. Oh, hang on.

Latest Threads