ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Depression/Stress

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by adabhoy, Mar 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi Lads n Lassies,

first post but need to know In January My GP diagnosed me with depression ( although i believe it was more stress because of stuff I was going through at the time ) anyway she prescribed me anti-depressants and I refused to even go and get them from the chemist as didn't think i needed them and I'm fine now and still have the prescription on my possession.

I went to the careers office and explained this and was told that I wouldn't be the first person to have stress that he had put forward to be a soldier. and I explained about the prescription and he says that he doesn't know the ins and outs of it but when giving my GP my medical forms I should make an appointment with her and take the prescription and ask if she can put a note in my records that I never received any medication as i never claimed the prescription. but he says he isn't 100% sure if she can do it just to see if anyone knows if she can?

cheers in advance :)

2. Put this in the medical thread sorry never noticed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.