Depression/Stress

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by adabhoy, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi Lads n Lassies,

first post but need to know In January My GP diagnosed me with depression ( although i believe it was more stress because of stuff I was going through at the time ) anyway she prescribed me anti-depressants and I refused to even go and get them from the chemist as didn't think i needed them and I'm fine now and still have the prescription on my possession.

I went to the careers office and explained this and was told that I wouldn't be the first person to have stress that he had put forward to be a soldier. and I explained about the prescription and he says that he doesn't know the ins and outs of it but when giving my GP my medical forms I should make an appointment with her and take the prescription and ask if she can put a note in my records that I never received any medication as i never claimed the prescription. but he says he isn't 100% sure if she can do it just to see if anyone knows if she can?

cheers in advance :)

2. Put this in the medical thread sorry never noticed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.