depression and joining reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Back in 2002-2005 i went through a marrige break up and we broke up got back together and broke up again etc etc and my doctor prescribed my anti depressants for 3 years. However since then i have had no prescriptions of anti depressants or had depression for 11 years now and am mentaly and physicaly fit. I am a single parent which means the social services wouldnt of recomended me to the courts if they had any concerns of my mental state, how ever would my past 11 years ago stop me from joining the reserves.
Thanks

Hi. Back in 2002-2005 i went through a marrige break up and we broke up got back together and broke up again etc etc and my doctor prescribed my anti depressants for 3 years. However since then i have had no prescriptions of anti depressants or had depression for 11 years now and am mentaly and physicaly fit. I am a single parent which means the social services wouldnt of recomended me to the courts if they had any concerns of my mental state, how ever would my past 11 years ago stop me from joining the reserves.
Thanks
In the current recruiting climate, having no head wouldn't stop you joining the Reserves ;)

Steve, you might want to ask the Mods to delete your account and ask the question under a name that isn't actually YOU...

Unless of course, you're not actually Steve White... :grin:

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Are you 55? That might be a problem :)

Have you used the hardly ever mentioned 'search function'?

No i am not 55 and yes i have used the search funtion. Surprisingly i cant find anyone who has had depresion 11 years ago and wanting to join reserves
You should be able to find the rules on depression and joining up - it's the same for reg and reserve. The time restrictions and severity are all listed. I'm supposedly working right now so don't have the exact information to hand, plus I can't be arrsed. Ironically it depresses me.

Yes although i wasnt depressed for the 3 years more a case of couldnt come off them as the side affects were terrible
Of course you weren't depressed, you spanner. You were taking antidepressants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads