depression and awol

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by domw09, Oct 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. i have currently been in the army for a year had some emotional state of mind, some horrible thoughts befor i joined but didnt do anything as didnt want it to stop me bein able to join, things have just got worse done a online assesment and says may be suverin serve depression had few diff things go on in my life, i was supose to be at back at reg yesterday drove all the way their and jus sat outside nd and cried for no reason, so turned around and jus drove and decided to drive home i understand after 48 hours i will be awol i booked doctors appoitment tomorro, just after some friendly advice and the bad comments any one wants to leave?
  2. Your grammar and spelling is inconsistant throughout your post... I smell wah.
  3. [/wah shield on]

    Make sure the Doctors appointment is within the military medical system. If you want to get sorted the military system is better equipped, will look after you better and is listened to by the chain of command.

    If you just want a civvie doctor to go "you poor thing" write you a sick note that isn't recognised by the army and give you medication you don't need then go to a civvie and then waste the next 3 months not getting better until you have to go back to work.

    Phone up and make an appointment with your barracks medical centre for tomorrow. They will help you and if you need it they will get you to see a CPN very quickly.
  4. Mr_Fingerz

    Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

    1. Speak to your CoC. Explain as best you can what is going on. Ask if you can book some leave to cover your absence.
    2. Once you have seen your Dr at home, go to the Med Centre and ask them to get your notes.
    3. Go back to your unit asap.

    You really don't want all the shoite that can happen with going awol.

    Depression is not "I'm feeling really unhappy" but is a serious medical condition that can be treated effectively with therapy and medication. However, if you want to stay in the army, you will need to get your CoC on-side asap.

    Whatever you do, don't think that you ignore everything else it (the everything else) will go away.
  5. On the basis this is another shit wind up post.

    Wasn't that what the Squadron Bar was for??
  6. Better yet bury your head in a henry of chang and polish off the weekend with some white widow, you'll be in the dole cue by Christmas
  7. msr

    msr LE

    Grammar Nazi FAIL.
  8. I KNOW my spelling and grammar can be pants... doesn't change the fact that the grammar and spelling is inconsistant throughout the OP>
  9. It could be a wind-up, but alternatively it could also be indicative of somebody writing something whilst they're in a pretty dark place.
  10. Contact the SSAFA AWOL HELPLINE.

    The contact number is published on the other threads of this nature.
  11. I'd be depressed if I were pot-holing as well. Have you seen The Descent?!
  12. Man up, go back, take your pill and GET OUT!!!!
  13. sirbhp

    sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

    I survived 4 years in the mob with bi-polar disorder . However i wish i had mentioned it to the milliatry trick cyclists as the civi ones are as bad as me !!!