depressed

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by lami, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi m8's, im joining up and have selection at pirbright in 4 days. ive been running my 1.5 miles every other day for a month and can complete the run without stopping. i timed my self 2 weeks ago at 10:51. now with 4 days to go i went for a run and did 11.30. Im pretty much stressed because ive been pretty consistent with my run, no slacking off and ive maintained the same weight and all. went today again to run and couldnt complete the whole 1.5 mile run. what is happening to me????????

2. You're unfit?

3. i dont think so, ive ben doing the run for a month now, timed myself at 10:50 best effort weeks ago and now when its coming down to the crunch im runing and stoping and last run was 11:30.

4. If you were fit, you'd be doing it sub 9:00 minutes.

5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

You are being a self defeatist poof. Grow up and get on with it. You know what you can do so be positive and run hard to the point of pucking if need be to pass.

Depressed? Get a grip!

6. ive been told i only need 10:30 to join my regiment (rlc)

7. PM'd you.

8. And your current weight is ?

9. 11 mins sucks!

you're training wrong. not resting enough and then not trying hard enough!

trust 1.5 miles aint far to run 'non-stop'

get some 6-10 milers in and it'll help alot more then go do some sprint sessions to help yourself out. however you are not training right!!

this is from someone thats been injured alot and had to reduce my time 7 times now!!

10. current weight is 176 pounds and im 5 feet 9 inches. age 28

11. 176 pounds and that slow??? jesus i push 230 and pass!

12. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

So you are overweight and slow?

I hear the power of prayer works for some.....

13. That’s the sort of attitude that’s going to keep you in the Phys biff bracket for the rest of your life. I’m twice your age I way over 210 lb and still do it under 9.30. Sort your self out

14. Im 187pounds 5'10 and 38 and run a 9mins 1.5mile

15. hey, enough bad mouth, im coming from not being able to run a mile without stopping and bending over to running the 1.5 in 10:50 in 5 weeks, its just that leading up to the day which is thursday it seems im back to square one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.