Deportation flight today

This is what Labour List say:

When will black lives matter once again?" This was the challenge from David Lammy yesterday as he confronted the government on plans to deport a plane full of people before having published the outcome of the 'lessons learned' review into Windrush (watch his speech here). We are just two years on from the injustice that saw 164 people detained and deported, and a further 5,000 denied access to support from public services to which they were entitled. Following that revelation – that the Home Office had been removing British citizens from the country – the government halted deportations and commissioned an investigation. But this has not yet been published and the question is, then, why has the government started them again?

Note the conflation. Windrush scandal: people whose parents screwed the paperwork up decades ago getting treated like criminals. Today's deportation: criminals getting treated like criminals.
A pity the communist Lammy wasn't deported as well.

There needs to be far more deportation flights to boot out foreign criminals and other foreign undesireables.

endure

GCM
  1. ". James I and his son Charles I believed in the 'Divine Right of Kings', the idea that the king was directly appointed to rule by ______

the Queen
the Prime Minister
the Church
God"

2. "King Richard III of the House of York was killed in the Battle of Bosworth Field in-----

"

3. "
The period after the Norman Conquest up until about 1485 is called
(Choose any 2 answers)

The Age of Discovery
The Middle Ages
The Medieval period
The Renaissance
Late Antiquity"

And on and on it went...

I couldn't give a toss about of any of the above to be frank....but memorized the answers, which I have now forgotten. Before anyone asks, I think I got one wrong, if I remember correctly - good enough for me.
So it's similar to the civics part of the US citizenship test apart from the fact that we've got a lot more history to ask questions about ;-)

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Give us a question then.

It'll be interesting to see if folk can answer.
One question: How many British white slaves were grabbed and pressed into the British navy during the Napoleonic wars? where thousands were killed, drowned or maimed? Answer: just under 200.000. That was real slavery and not just picking cotton or sugarcane in warm sunshine!

Not upset - just pointlessness of the whole thing. I couldn't tell you most answers if you ask me now. It's like a school kid cramming in answers before the exam.
We should have random tests to all new comers.

A chap walks up to you, asks you 10 questions, if you answer less than 6 correctly we bundle you on to the next plane to take you whence you came.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
You think a communist would favour deportations. I'd it because they're going somewhere warm? And West?
The Russians really do favour deportation but to the frozen north and the Gulags where they can get a decent 25 years of work out of them, so why not offer them up to Putin.

A chap walks up to you, asks you 10 questions, if you answer less than 6 correctly we bundle you on to the next plane to take you whence you came.

I think if you do that a whole lot of "British" would be on the next flight out to ??

I doubt a lot of people, native born can answer a lot pf questions.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
One question: How many British white slaves were grabbed and pressed into the British navy during the Napoleonic wars? where thousands were killed, drowned or maimed? Answer: just under 200.000. That was real slavery and not just picking cotton or sugarcane in warm sunshine!
No, no, no, no!

You mustn’t suggest in any way that the world was an altogether rougher place back then and that we were just as beastly to ‘our own’.

You mustn’t mention workhouses. You mustn’t mention child labour. You mustn’t mention that we had to fatten up a lot of the indigenous population before they were fit enough to start training in WW1.

Such things do not exist, let alone matter.

So it's similar to the civics part of the US citizenship test apart from the fact that we've got a lot more history to ask questions about ;-)
The Dutch lottery is older than the USA

Questions asked at point of entry?

I think if you do that a whole lot of "British" would be on the next flight out to ??

I doubt a lot of people, native born can answer a lot pf questions.
We don't need to muppet

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
No, no, no, no!

You mustn’t suggest in any way that the world was an altogether rougher place back then and that we were just as beastly to ‘our own’.

You mustn’t mention workhouses. You mustn’t mention child labour. You mustn’t mention that we had to fatten up a lot of the indigenous population before they were fit enough to start training in WW1.

Such things do not exist, let alone matter.
Sir Sir! Can l please say that there were two 12 year olds on the Victory at Trafalgar and two women helping the surgeon?

Last edited:

Latest Threads