Deportation flight today

The problem isnt the courts, or the law. its the people.

You have two choices to situations like the yardie one:

Either put serious pressure on MPs or start knocking off ysrdi.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Pretty Priti doesn't hold back on what she thinks of the courts and certain law firms who have blocked the deportations of a number of these criminals.
Finally had the time to sit and watch that through.

A few things:

1. Well done on calling the Labour Party out for defending some of these people - especially given that the legislation happened while it was in government.
2. Well done also on calling out some in the legal profession who seek to profit from all this.
3. Something which should be obvious but really only dawned on me properly while watching this is that the individuals who've been sent back haven't been 'chosen' arbitrarily. The law exists (in theory at least) to be equal and fair to all - in short, the law is the law.
4. The point is raised about retrospective application of sentencing to those convicted of terror offences. Well, there's surely the point that people are sentenced to a term and should serve the term. Who many of those people were sentenced before the automatic halving of sentences was introduced?*

*Another little gem from Labour - and one which given the demographic involved has to reinforce how it has made, or looked to make, some more equal under the law than others. Votes? Cynical? Me?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Either put serious pressure on MPs or start knocking off yardi.
Yes, but see Abbott, Lammy and others. They'll simply never be on-side because they - like unscrupulous legal types - have a living which depends on not being so.

See also this comment in the Baroness Scotland thread:
Baroness Scotland comes from Dominica (pronounced Domineeka, with a squawk like the bird on their flag, to distinguish them from the Dominican Republic).

Our lass's dad came from Dominica and the Dominica side of the family all live in Hackney, all vote for Abbott, including the one who has a high level HR job in the City, and the ones who heard about her all boast about how well "Val" (Scotland) is doing and how proud they are of her.

Our lass didn't grow up with them, voted Conservative and Leave, is scrupulously honest, generous, kind and considerate, and the London side of the family can't understand where she has gone wrong.
"Val" has just been handed her árse in the courts over her complaints about press coverage. Nevertheless, as evidenced by such as the above quote, there are those in the black community (not all, as noted in the last paragraph, but a significant number) who only see the skin colour and will therefore champion that/those individuals no matter the wrong that they may do. Fiona Onasanya is another case in point.

It's a shame that those who place colour over all else get the publicity and are therefore seen as representative of all of the black community.

I know a few black South London types who are of the "You can't be racist if you're black" thinking. One in particular published something on social media which was blatantly anti-Semitic (along the line of, "It's alright for the Jews, they can portray themselves as victims. We blacks don't get that acknowledgement.").

On the other hand, a good friend of mine, "H", is ex-Jamaica Defence Force and now lives here. His take on people in general is quite blunt: "You can be a c*nt whatever your skin colour."

"H" nails it as far as I'm concerned.

triggerigger

War Hero
Classic exchange between Nick Ferrari on LBC this morning and an anti-deportation campaigner:

"I've got a client with six children all under 10 and he's the primary care giver"
"Six? From the same mother?
"Yes."
"Perhaps he shouldn't have become a criminal then".
Send the six future criminals with their loving and caring father, it would be cruel not to.

*Another little gem from Labour - and one which given the demographic involved has to reinforce how it has made, or looked to make, some more equal under the law than others. Votes? Cynical? Me?
Interesting email from 'Team Labour' yesterday telling me that in a few weeks there will be a vote for a representative for the BAME community on the NEC. If I (self) identify as BAME and complete the equalities survey I can have a vote.
The Conservatives have just had a new cabinet with plenty of BAME members yet I have never heard anything about how BAME people must be represented. Nor how women must be represented by having women only shortlists etc It seems to me that the Conservatives just crack on and promote people based on ability and merit.

Why are labour obsessed with race?

1. ". James I and his son Charles I believed in the 'Divine Right of Kings', the idea that the king was directly appointed to rule by ______

the Queen
the Prime Minister
the Church
God"

2. "King Richard III of the House of York was killed in the Battle of Bosworth Field in-----

"

3. "
The period after the Norman Conquest up until about 1485 is called
(Choose any 2 answers)

The Age of Discovery
The Middle Ages
The Medieval period
The Renaissance
Late Antiquity"

And on and on it went...

I couldn't give a toss about of any of the above to be frank....but memorized the answers, which I have now forgotten. Before anyone asks, I think I got one wrong, if I remember correctly - good enough for me.
I tried it and got three wrong.
But I am English so that's OK.

Yes, but see Abbott, Lammy and others. They'll simply never be on-side because they - like unscrupulous legal types - have a living which depends on not being so.

See also this comment in the Baroness Scotland thread:

"Val" has just been handed her árse in the courts over her complaints about press coverage. Nevertheless, as evidenced by such as the above quote, there are those in the black community (not all, as noted in the last paragraph, but a significant number) who only see the skin colour and will therefore champion that/those individuals no matter the wrong that they may do. Fiona Onasanya is another case in point.

It's a shame that those who place colour over all else get the publicity and are therefore seen as representative of all of the black community.

I know a few black South London types who are of the "You can't be racist if you're black" thinking. One in particular published something on social media which was blatantly anti-Semitic (along the line of, "It's alright for the Jews, they can portray themselves as victims. We blacks don't get that acknowledgement.").

On the other hand, a good friend of mine, "H", is ex-Jamaica Defence Force and now lives here. His take on people in general is quite blunt: "You can be a c*nt whatever your skin colour."

"H" nails it as far as I'm concerned.
Since you've brought me into this...

Our lass's dad came over in the 50s, along with a lot of his family, including his brother who was a police officer. Now according to her dad, who I can't question as he died nine years ago, the colonies has quotas to fill as far as migrants to the UK were concerned. Where the colony needed to make up the numbers the Governor would empty the prison on condition that the prisoner went to the UK. Make of that what you will.

Now I very much doubt that our lass's London family would ever admit to any of that, and the first wave immigrants are now all dead so can't be asked. However let's just say that of her London cousins, a few have very respectable jobs, one has had multiple address changes, normally beginning with the letters HMP, and three are heavy drug users.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting email from 'Team Labour' yesterday telling me that in a few weeks there will be a vote for a representative for the BAME community on the NEC. If I (self) identify as BAME and complete the equalities survey I can have a vote.
The Conservatives have just had a new cabinet with plenty of BAME members yet I have never heard anything about how BAME people must be represented. Nor how women must be represented by having women only shortlists etc It seems to me that the Conservatives just crack on and promote people based on ability and merit.

Because a grubby little bunch of upper-middle-class intellectuals see minorities as their key to power.

Because Labour is actually way behind the curve when it comes to equality.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Since you've brought me into this...

Our lass's dad came over in the 50s, along with a lot of his family, including his brother who was a police officer. Now according to her dad, who I can't question as he died nine years ago, the colonies has quotas to fill as far as migrants to the UK were concerned. Where the colony needed to make up the numbers the Governor would empty the prison on condition that the prisoner went to the UK. Make of that what you will.

Now I very much doubt that our lass's London family would ever admit to any of that, and the first wave immigrants are now all dead so can't be asked. However let's just say that of her London cousins, a few have very respectable jobs, one has had multiple address changes, normally beginning with the letters HMP, and three are heavy drug users.
Forgive me - I just thought that your previous post was very pertinent to the discussion here.

As to the above, that’s probably readily verifiable if someone were to look at the records (unless unscrupulous political types in the colonies have destroyed them).

Imagine trying to get any such research/article published in The Guardian or on the BBC, though. You’d immediately be accused of... well, racism and incitement.

On the other hand, many first- and second-generation immigrants are as fed up and appalled as anyone else at some of the later generations’ behaviour.

It doesn't have to, the realisation can be understood as you walk down the aircraft steps in the fly-blown hole they were born in
One refers to being responsible. Not something with which they would be familiar at all.

Forgive me - I just thought that your previous post was very pertinent to the discussion here.

As to the above, that’s probably readily verifiable if someone were to look at the records (unless unscrupulous political types in the colonies have destroyed them).

Imagine trying to get any such research/article published in The Guardian or on the BBC, though. You’d immediately be accused of... well, racism and incitement.

On the other hand, many first- and second-generation immigrants are as fed up and appalled as anyone else at some of the later generations’ behaviour.
Nothing to forgive.

One thing which surprised me (maybe things have changed now) is that the UK never required any police certificates for visas/ permits/ residency when I got here...a lot of countries (like Canada, U.S., OZ etc) require you produce PC's from when you were 18 or at least in the last 10 yrs to make sure you were not a murdering bastard.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
One thing which surprised me (maybe things have changed now) is that the UK never required any police certificates for visas/ permits/ residency when I got here...a lot of countries (like Canada, U.S., OZ etc) require you produce PC's from when you were 18 or at least in the last 10 yrs to make sure you were not a murdering bastard.
Given where a lot of immigrants come from would such a piece of paper have any value? All it would do is muck about the law abiding and provide opportunities for graft for less public spirited public officials.

Not just race, it's identity politics. Ask Jordan Peterson, he lays it all out, which infuriates the left immensly.

If you have a label, then they (the left) can use it to discriminate, pigeon-hole, idolise or dismiss you. It also makes demonetisation and oppression easier if you fall into a particular slot (Evil Tories, Jews, cis-male, ad infinitum).

Cue Rachel Boyle, Senior Lecturer in Primary Education try to close down Laurence Fox on QT by chucking the 'White Privilege' tag-line at him

Is it because they don't have any one with ability or merit, so have to use other bases for selection.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Cue Rachel Boyle, Senior Lecturer in Primary Education try to close down Laurence Fox on QT by chucking the 'White Privilege' tag-line at him.
The fact that she's using terms like White Privilege and is also a senior lecturer in primary education concerns me greatly, frankly.

Nothing like taking a prejudiced mind into an environment that very much needs an open mind, eh?

Latest Threads