Deportation flight today

Any reason you are being selective ?
As your post was two above mine I saw no need to repeat your post.I was being selective as that was the point I was answering.ie presumably as soon as the prisoners found out they were being deported they probably wanted legal advice about a unusual set of circumstances.

100%

Although I am not sure what the question about Charlie Chaplin was in there for.

Bayeu tapestry fair enough. Even though it's French.
Ssshhh

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Does it really, for the purposes of citizenship? Sure ask some basic ones, but some of the questions were so esoteric, like anyone could give a flying a flying f-k.
I tend to agree with you. Something more akin to a GCSE in citizenship would be my idea. Things like what is require for you to drive I. The UK. What are your obligations if you suspect (or know) criminal activity is taking place? What is the penalty for forcing FGM? What are the penalties for being in possession of illegal drugs? What are the penalties for carrying offensive weapons?

I tend to agree with you. Something more akin to a GCSE in citizenship would be my idea. Things like what is require for you to drive I. The UK. What are your obligations if you suspect (or know) criminal activity is taking place? What is the penalty for forcing FGM? What are the penalties for being in possession of illegal drugs? What are the penalties for carrying offensive weapons?
I agree.

A straight pass or fail.

An essay on how we became a democracy, another on why it matters and a third on what the rule of law means.

Oh, and just to wind up any Yanks or Krauts, "Britain saved the world from Fascism in 1940-41. We ensured the Hun's defeat and saved America. Discuss".

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Rupert feels numb
oh how sad
not half as numb as the bloke he bashed with a bloody great big spanner

oh and its not his only offence
2017 got 2 years for supplying Class A drugs
is it beneath you to get a mundane job and pay the bills then Rupert
and when you came out of chokey last time, you should have gone straight
but instead yo de hard man
time for a Dreadlock holiday

par avion

War Hero
Rupert feels numb
oh how sad
not half as numb as the bloke he bashed with a bloody great big spanner

oh and its not his only offence
2017 got 2 years for supplying Class A drugs
is it beneath you to get a mundane job and pay the bills then Rupert
and when you came out of chokey last time, you should have gone straight
but instead yo de hard man
time for a Dreadlock holiday

He probably had a whole list of convictions from the age of about 16 before he went inside. This would have prevented him obtaining British citizenship.

To get 2 years for Intent to supply class A must have been a big stash. Probably a gang leader.

CPS charging standards are ABH: Charged as Common Assault.

GBH - Charge as ABH.

GBH with Intent is usually charged as such. Attempted Murder is quite often charged as GBH/W/I.

So that has to have been a serious assault.

I see where he is coming from though as David Lammy says that Jamiacans should have an automatic right of entry to the UK due to our role in transporting them in slave ships to Jamaica in the first place.

Nasty whiteys in an evil empire. And ...oh, we don't do enough to acknowledge our colonial guilt and make reparations to the victims of slavery. The fact that the last survivor probably died 200 years ago, not with standing.

par avion

War Hero
He probably had a whole list of convictions from the age of about 16 before he went inside. This would have prevented him obtaining British citizenship.

To get 2 years for Intent to supply class A must have been a big stash. Probably a gang leader.

CPS charging standards are ABH: Charged as Common Assault.

GBH - Charge as ABH.

GBH with Intent is usually charged as such. Attempted Murder is quite often charged as GBH/W/I.

So that has to have been a serious assault.

I see where he is coming from though as David Lammy says that Jamiacans should have an automatic right of entry to the UK due to our role in transporting them in slave ships to Jamaica in the first place.

Nasty whiteys in an evil empire. And ...oh, we don't do enough to acknowledge our colonial guilt and make reparations to the victims of slavery. The fact that the last survivor probably died 200 years ago, not with standing.
Oh and anyone named Rupert should be deported wether they have committed a crime or not.

.ie presumably as soon as the prisoners found out they were being deported they probably wanted legal advice about a unusual set of circumstances.
Really ?

There is nothing unusual about UK Statutory Law.

A killer who stabbed a father to death outside a pub and a rapist who targeted a teenage girl were among the offenders whose deportations to Jamaica were blocked this week.

Fitzroy Daley, now 43, repeatedly stabbed his victim after a minor scuffle outside a pub in east London and was jailed for ten years in 2013.

Fabian Henry was jailed the same year after he raped a teenage girl in Bristol and groomed and abducted another. Henry, who was 30 at the time, was sentenced to 12 years.

I'll ask again.

What legal advice do you need when you are being deported, in accordance with UK Statutory Law, for breaking the law and are serving / have served a lengthy prison sentence ?

Give us a question then.

It'll be interesting to see if folk can answer.
  1. ". James I and his son Charles I believed in the 'Divine Right of Kings', the idea that the king was directly appointed to rule by ______

the Queen
the Prime Minister
the Church
God"

2. "King Richard III of the House of York was killed in the Battle of Bosworth Field in-----

"

3. "
The period after the Norman Conquest up until about 1485 is called
(Choose any 2 answers)

The Age of Discovery
The Middle Ages
The Medieval period
The Renaissance
Late Antiquity"

And on and on it went...

I couldn't give a toss about of any of the above to be frank....but memorized the answers, which I have now forgotten. Before anyone asks, I think I got one wrong, if I remember correctly - good enough for me.

Latest Threads