Deportation after serving a prison sentence.

Should foreign prisoners be deported after serving their sentence?

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Review each case individually

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only for specific offences

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4963784.stm

Anyone who comes to the UK and commits a criminal offence that results in them being jailed should be deported on completion of their sentence! If you can't abide by the rules then tough.

I'm sure that further guidelines will result in an increase of reasons to allow the individual to remain.
 
#2
Each case should be reviewed on its own merits.

The application for Work Permit (renewal), LLR an ILR all ask whether you have been convicted of any offence.

If you are illigal or not a resident (i.e. on a permit of some form) you should be deported as part of the punishment, you in theory have no reason to remain in this country on your release.
 
#3
I agree with Jailor, but think it should be made very clear that a dim view will be taken of any criminal conviction; in other words, there should be a very good reason why an individual should not be deported at the end of their sentence.

No appeal on the grounds of it splitting up a family - this is something to consider before committing crime. Naturally, family should be given the opportunity of accompanying the criminal when he/she is deported. Similarly, whining that the individual left his or her country of origin because the regime was less than friendly must fall upon deaf ears.

Assets should be seized if the criminal has previously relied upon State aid prior to being sentenced; any balance left after repayment of benefits/healthcare/education costs can be returned.
 
#4
Maybe the review judges should recall the case of Adolf Hitler,he should have been deported back to Austria, after serving only a small part of his original sentence in Landsberg jail after starting an uprising in Münich.

Whoops?........................I wont bore you with the rest of the story :roll:
 
#5
ViroBono said:
I agree with Jailor, but think it should be made very clear that a dim view will be taken of any criminal conviction; in other words, there should be a very good reason why an individual should not be deported at the end of their sentence.

No appeal on the grounds of it splitting up a family - this is something to consider before committing crime. Naturally, family should be given the opportunity of accompanying the criminal when he/she is deported. Similarly, whining that the individual left his or her country of origin because the regime was less than friendly must fall upon deaf ears.

Assets should be seized if the criminal has previously relied upon State aid prior to being sentenced; any balance left after repayment of benefits/healthcare/education costs can be returned.
V-B. The balance has to be found, some one getting a week for contempt of court is not the same as someone doing 5 years for Robbery or GBH.

What about F&C sooliders who do time in Colley?

Assets should be seized if the criminal has previously relied upon State aid prior to being sentenced; any balance left after repayment of benefits/healthcare/education costs can be returned.
Only if it also applied all the British Chav scum as well!
 
#6
Horridlittleman said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4963784.stm

Anyone who comes to the UK and commits a criminal offence that results in them being jailed should be deported on completion of their sentence! If you can't abide by the rules then tough.

I'm sure that further guidelines will result in an increase of reasons to allow the individual to remain.
People who have been found guilty should be deported back to there own country to serve there sentence .Why should the people in the UK (tax payers) etc have to pay to give them the best care they can receive. Money can be spent on other important things in our country.
 
#7
Can we have a poll option for deporting ALL prisoners? Don't know how may you can get in the back of a Herc at a time but surely it would be cheaper to fly them all one-way to Afghanistan or somewhere. Not as if it's inhumane, after all it did Australia no harm. In 100 years time, Afghanistan too could be full of slightly uncultured but generally very agreeable tanned beer 'n' barbie loving Anglo-Saxon types. It's a project isn't it. Think I'm on to something.
 
#8
Review each case individually,
 
#9
Yes - reason is simple.

Being convicted of a crime - to me - is a clear cut indicator that the convicted criminal has no desire to integrate in thier new chosen host nation (unless they chose to live in Liverpool ;-) )

Rincewind
 
#10
Family in £600,000 fraud will not be deported

"A family of illegal immigrants has been convicted in connection with a £600,000 asylum benefits fraud, but none of them will face deportation. Instead, it has emerged that the jailed ringleader behind the fraud, Mohammed Faruq, 56, who is a British citizen believed be to worth up to £25 million, will simply be allowed to pay back the money taken. Eleven members of his extended family, who came from Pakistan and were convicted of involvement in a series of Crown Court cases, can remain in Britain. Faruq is a well-known member of the community in east Oxford. Relatives of his arrived in Britain in two separate groups during 2000 and 2001. After spending just days in the country, they approached immigration authorities, saying they were either from the disputed territory of Kashmir or Afghanistan. Last year, Faruq pleaded guilty to conspiracy to help relatives to gain asylum by deception, and conspiracy to defraud councils and agencies. He was sentenced to four years imprisonment. His wife Sheila Faruq, 54, daughter Halima Kamal, 26, and brother Abdul Qayyum, 45, were convicted of helping people to gain asylum by deception. Reports of their sentences, however, were restricted until last week when the remaining defendants pleaded guilty to immigration charges. All received jail terms, some of which were suspended. "

Will this deter others doing the same?
 
#11
Rincewind said:
Yes - reason is simple.

Being convicted of a crime - to me - is a clear cut indicator that the convicted criminal has no desire to integrate in thier new chosen host nation (unless they chose to live in Liverpool ;-) )

Rincewind
Like everything in life, it is not a case of black and white (no racial conotations meant).

You simply cannot deport all foreigners convicted of a crime. What happens if someone is involved in a scrap with a gang of youths intent on inflicting injury, and in self defence the foreigner fights back, only for one of his assailants to die (say he fell and hit his head?) He is convicted of assault, GBH, Manslaughter, you name it. Should they be automatically deported? I don't think so, and i'm sure others don't.

Each case must be judged on an individual basis.
 
#12
All foreigners who commit any crime in the UK to be automatically deported together with all members of their extended family. Any assets to be seized and used as a fund to cover all expenses so these do not fall on the British tax payer.
Commit crime , caught , charged tried and deported no wasting time .Don't like it ... quite easy ... don't commit crime .
 
#13
OldTimer said:
All foreigners who commit any crime in the UK to be automatically deported together with all members of their extended family. Any assets to be seized and used as a fund to cover all expenses so these do not fall on the British tax payer.
Commit crime , caught , charged tried and deported no wasting time .Don't like it ... quite easy ... don't commit crime .
Where to? If Mrs ever committed a crime (including a motoring offence) am I and our son also deported? I'm not sure that RPOD/RILOR covers flights from Boston, MA!
 
#14
Automatic Deportation for certain crimes, unless there are good and valid reasons for that person to stay. not that i can think of any right now.
 
#15
ALL foregin criminals should be deported irrespective of any conditions in their home countries. Lets call it an added incentive for them to abide by OUR laws shall we? Of course if you are happy to carry on importing terrorist, murderers rapists, paedos etc then don't be suprised when your mother, wife, daughter etc becomes a victim.

As for this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4967164.stm

Killed by Political Correctness.
 
#16
20 Minutes discussion in the office and we still can't come up with a good and valid reason for foreighn criminals staying over here.
 
#18
The reason they won't deport them is simple: Votes.... Neue Arbeit cannot afford to alienate certain demographic segments. Hence the fact that it will grant an amnesty to the million or so illegals before the next election. Gerrymandering by immigration.... clever eh? Not so clever now that the effects of their policies are coming home to roost!
 
#19
Personally I would like to see any foreign criminal that has served a custodial sentence deported. However the do-gooders would never let a black and white rule like that occur. But in the process of deciding on a case by case merit whether someone is deported under no circumstances should the situation in the individual's home country be taken into consideration. I don't care if they would be persecuted in anyway whatsoever. To come to a country for whatever reason and then abuse the privilige by committing a criminal offence is inexcusable.
 
#20
Horridlittleman said:
Personally I would like to see any foreign criminal that has served a custodial sentence deported. However the do-gooders would never let a black and white rule like that occur. But in the process of deciding on a case by case merit whether someone is deported under no circumstances should the situation in the individual's home country be taken into consideration. I don't care if they would be persecuted in anyway whatsoever. To come to a country for whatever reason and then abuse the privilige by committing a criminal offence is inexcusable.
A case by case basis? No way, not another waste of good public money on a system that will not work, just like the immigration system. What you need are a set of clearly defined rules that are simple and easy to understand, and, are NEVER broken, for ANY reason.

For example, on immigration and criminality,

1. Any illegal immigrant found still within the borders of the UK will be summarily deported to their home country without any hearing, trial or recourse, plus, they will forever be refused entry to the UK for any reason from that point on because they shouldnt be here.

2. Any illegal immigrant who commits any crime will be tried here, and, if found guilty will be immediately deported to their own country where they will serve that countries punishment for their crime, we will pay that country a small fee for this service, cheaper than the cost for imprisoning them here, plus, they will forever be refused entry to the UK for any reason from that point on because they shouldnt be here commiting crimes.

3. Any legal immigrant who commits a crime against the person will be tried and sentenced here, deported to their country of origin and serve their jail term in that country, we will pay that country a small fee for this service, cheaper than the cost for imprisoning them here, plus, they will forever be refused entry to the UK for any reason from that point on because they shouldnt abuse our hospitality.

4. Any legal immigrant to this country who commits a crime which doesnt fall under crimes against the person will be allowed to stay, however, if they commit 3 crimes they will be tried and sentenced here, deported to their country of origin and serve their jail term in that country, we will pay that country a small fee for this service, cheaper than the cost for imprisoning them here, plus, they will forever be refused entry to the UK for any reason from that point on because they shouldnt abuse our hospitality.

Now people will argue that we have to look after people who genuinely deserve asylum if they pop up in our country illegally and demand it. I say NO, send them home, because -
1. The UK has embassies and consulates in every part of the world, they can go there and apply for asylum, if they cant go to the one in their country safely they can illegally enter a "safe" country like france and apply from the embassy and consulates there.

2. Once here the asylum seekers will be given a job and a crappy little house, if they dont do the job (digging a ditch for example, does not require a degree or understanding of english beyond "dig, from here to here") they get deported. If you want asylum you should be willing to work for it.

Non UK residents who require medical treatment here will recieve emergency medical care only, and will have to pay for any other form of healthcare. To avoid paying they can get insurance when they come here, like we have to when we go to their sh1tty countries (France for example, hehe).

You could argue that it is rough on immigrants while we let of our own nationals under these laws, so from now on the legal system works like this in our country.

1. Offences are now called crimes and offenders criminals.
2. Police services are now called police forces.
3. The current legal system is scrapped and redrawn with "crimes" easily understandable, and the terms of incarceration set out in advance, i.e. murder = 25 years, manslaughter = 10 years.
4. Commit any 3 crimes on 3 different dates, o to jail for 25 years, no exceptions.
5. Jail is jail, you get a bed, a pisspot, and 1 hour out of your cell a day. Unless you volunteer for labour, which means you get out so as to work for several hours a day. I f you undertake labour you may gain such luxuries as books. Thats it, you get a book, nothing more, hard luck.
6. If you have to serve 25 years for a crime, you serve at least 25 years, nothing less.
7. You get time ADDED for BAD behaviour, not time removed for good behaviour.
8. Treason is a capital crime.
9. Commiting a terrorist act becomes a capital crime (that includes hiding a bullet under your patio for the boys, after all, you are helping them to commit a terrorist murder)
10. Community service officers will all be fired, and 1 real cop will be hired for every 2 or 3 of them we get rid of.
11. to create more jail space we will house all criminals together (i.e. jews and muslims, paedophiles and armed robbers) that should thin them out.
12. If we still need space in jails, we chuck double the amount of beds in each cell, if they dont like it fcuk em.
13. If we still havent enough jail space, get some prisoners to build more jails on the cheap.

And thats crime and immigration neatly wrapped up!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads