Deployment

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Disaveli, Jul 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm due to start basic training for the TA in the next month or 2 and it has always been my biggest goal since I became interested in the AF, to serve in Afghanistan. How soon after all my training as an Engineer could I volunteer to serve? I really don't know much about this, I'm not even sure if I can volunteer or if I have to be called up etc so please go easy on me.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

All depends on the requirements of the units you are attached to
    I know lads in the QOY who passed out in June and were caled up the folowing December
    They deployed as dismounted troops so didn't require phase 2 CVR(T) qualifications.
    Once you are a trained engineer their is no reason for you not to go
    Speak to your PASO

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm due to attend an interview with an WO2 soon about the contract etc, hopefully he can fill me in.

Thanks a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Go easy on me??? Have you read what goes on in here???

If you really want to go to Afghan, it'll take a while. Try your local Iman. He'll get you there in a flash as several British posts have, I understand, just become vacant!!!!

Work hard and do well on your courses, and watch the trawls for which skills are needed. Or ask Afghan Kandak. They know everything about the region...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Disaveli

What Sqn are yo looking at joining? You won't get a look at the trawls until after you have signed on and been issued your kit and completed any relevant courses.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 73 Engr Regt (V)

7. OK. I'm looking at 100Sqn