Deployment times, RN massive, Army a little RAf never

There we go, I did years at sea, my cousins did years in some shite holes around the UK oh and 1/2 a year in NI join the Navy and see the world.

image.jpeg

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How does it relate to the 1900 day figure then?
That figure is the number of people apparently. Quite how they arrived at that figure given that it apparently relates to 'number who spend 1900 days away from family' not 'have spent', I'm not entirely sure.

310 pax seems an incredibly low number for 1900 nights out of bed across a career. Even just counting LSA days, that seems on the low side.

That figure is the number of people apparently. Quite how they arrived at that figure given that it apparently relates to 'number who spend 1900 days away from family' not 'have spent', I'm not entirely sure.

310 pax seems an incredibly low number for 1900 nights out of bed across a career. Even just counting LSA days, that seems on the low side.
That is very likely to be LSA days.

To be frank it really really pisses me off - this is not a f*Cking competition, and the RNRMC have got better things to be doing than shit-stirring.

How does it relate to the 1900 day figure then?
Took me a moment but it's the number of personnel who more than 1900 days away from their families in a career.

Stupid bullshit statistic invented by a smelly matelo to put on Facebook no doubt.

Number of days a matelot spends out of his own bed. None. Not one. Ever. Once.

And most of them are gay.

Took me a moment but it's the number of personnel who more than 1900 days away from their families in a career.

Stupid bullshit statistic invented by a smelly matelo to put on Facebook no doubt.

Number of days a matelot spends out of his own bed. None. Not one. Ever. Once.

And most of them are gay.
Oi!

I'm out of my own bed; I am on leave mind.

But taking your stewards and duvet on deployment is the way forward: any fool can be uncomfortable.

Caecilius
If you are, for one minute, insinuating that the RN would be selective in their interpretation and presentation of "facts" - well, that's bally well treason, don'tcha know. Nelson said so.

Anyone else remember the "HERRICK 9 when it was ALL Navy" shite? Blatantly ignoring the Rifles / RGR / QDG / AAC / REME / RLC / RA / Sappers / Scaleys...........

Or the "Joint Force Harrier would collapse without the RN" garbage........

Piss & wind.

Last edited:
Cool, I'm one of the 310. The other 81690 squaddies are stay at home wet the beds.

That is very likely to be LSA days.

To be frank it really really pisses me off - this is not a f*Cking competition, and the RNRMC have got better things to be doing than shit-stirring.
That's less than 90 days a year over a 22 year career. I think the figures are a bit inaccurate.

I'm now a civvy and I'm still spending nights away from my bed.

Where can I register my futile outrage at having a mildly inconvenient job?

There we go, I did years at sea, my cousins did years in some shite holes around the UK oh and 1/2 a year in NI join the Navy and see the world.

View attachment 261378
So then, let me get this right; people who have 'joined the Navy to see the world' have spent a fair bit of time seeing the world in areas in which they do not live?

...Are you getting out soon? May I suggest you don't choose a level 4 Archbishoping course for your resettlement.

Wanchor!