Deployment if signed off?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by adampoo, Apr 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

just a quick query to clarify a rumour.

Im looking at signing off at my 12 year point (sign off off sept 2010 and out obviously sept 2011). My current unit are deploying to afghan (will be my fourth time) in jan 2011. Do I still have to go or is there a certain period of time before I leave that has to be "undisturbed". The deployment is for 4 months

2. From past experiences from other former collegues that have been in a similar position to you I would say you will deploy with your unit also, as to inc your post-op leave you'll return to unit about the end of may which will leave you plenty of time to arrange your CTP & ressettlement courses etc,

On the other hand I would strongly suggest a visit to your unit RCMO for the 'factual' situation on where you stand, bearing in mind come Sept when you intend to sign off your unit will be preparing for L&H trg packages,

Or if you wait around long enough someone else may reply with more 'up to date' info that will clarify your query.
  3. A chat with your RCMO seems like a good idea. As far as I know, you have to have at least 6 months left to serve on return from Ops if you are to deploy so I suppose you could be invited to deploy for 2 or 3 months.
  4. Cheers for the replies, any other thoughts?
  5. I have recently been informed that a DIN out not so long ago, states last 12months must be served non-operational. However, as a result of that guidance, you are not able to sign off once warned off for tour, or indeed, whilst on it.

I would suggest getting on DII and trawling through the DINs, it's what I'm goign to be doing.
  6. By coincidence, I found this out today. If you have served over 6 years you must have 6 months residual service in the uk before you leave. If you have served less than 6 years it's 4 months. These timescales include termination leave. Basically depending on how long you've served your last 4 or 6 months must be served in your units normal location.
  7. One of our sqns is on tour at the moment, and have had a number of sign offs....

I was under the impression you should have 6 months, and it is conceivable to deploy, as long as you are back for the start of the six months. Thus you CAN deploy, short touring as neccesary. Or the unit could decide that is a major ball4che and just leave you on rear party.