Depleted Force Ill At Ease Over Iraq War

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MOD_Oracle, Nov 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I think that ARRSE has a lot to answer for in the compilation of this - whether for good or ill.

The interviews appear factual and well-balanced, however they do of course focus on those who left, rather than those who remain. As I keep mentioning, we lost 1 Soldier out of nearly 30 after Telic, and he didn't want to go int he first place! All the rest of us continue to serve, and most hope they'll be able to go again (somewhere else this time?) next year, RFA and employeers permitting.
  2. msr

msr LE

I don't think ARRSE has any questions to answer.

The facts are there in black and white: 500 People per month are leaving the TA. They no longer want to be part of it, and until every TA unit Commanding Officer has a box on his/her (are there any female COs?) OJAR for recruiting and a box for retention, I cannot see the situation improving.

The COs may even ask that the next £3m recruiting campaign funding be divvied up between the TACs, giving each one £50,000 and being held responsible for bringing their own units up to full strength.

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Well, we saw MoD's counter-argument even before this article was even published, in the flurry of spin that came out last week.

The government says everything is wonderful, so it must be.