DEPARTMENT FOR WORK AND PENSIONS-WINTER FUEL PAYMENTS

A quick query or question for those in the know:

Have any of the readers on this blog received a letter from DWP over the past couple of months inviting the recipient (by name) to apply for the 2017/2018 Winter Fuel Payment. This may have been followed by a second letter with a badly photocopied proforma asking for National Insurance Number, Bank Details, including Sort Code, and contact telephone number etc.

I was mildly suspicious of this in hindsight after I had completed the form and returned it in a pre-paid brown envelope.

Today, I received a call from a lady calling herself Julie asking me to confirm my Bank Details as the number they tried wasn't recognised. Again in hindsight, I had forgotten that my account number starts with two zeros, instead of one.

Following this very short conversation, I rang the number back (01912 187777), and sure enough a voicemail message confirms that it is the DWP Payments Centre. However, I still have a niggling doubt in the back of my mind.

Any Views.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You're doomed! :twisted:

Have any of the readers on this blog received a letter from DWP over the past couple of months inviting the recipient (by name) to apply for the 2017/2018 Winter Fuel Payment. This may have been followed by a second letter with a badly photocopied proforma asking for National Insurance Number, Bank Details, including Sort Code, and contact telephone number etc.

I was mildly suspicious of this in hindsight after I had completed the form and returned it in a pre-paid brown envelope.

Today, I received a call from a lady calling herself Julie asking me to confirm my Bank Details as the number they tried wasn't recognised. Again in hindsight, I had forgotten that my account number starts with two zeros, instead of one.

Following this very short conversation, I rang the number back (01912 187777), and sure enough a voicemail message confirms that it is the DWP Payments Centre. However, I still have a niggling doubt in the back of my mind.

Any Views.
That phone number is for people outside the UK
Are you outside the uk?

Call the Winter Fuel Payment Centre to claim by phone.

Winter Fuel Payment Centre
Email enquiry form
Telephone: 0345 915 1515
Telephone from outside the UK: +44 (0)191 218 7777

Say bye bye to your bank account.

endure

GCM
If you've claimed and received it previously there should be no need to fill in a new form. Payment into your bank should be automatic.

anglo

LE

Any Views.
SCAM Fuel payments are made from the same place that pay your pension and
they already have your bank details
Advice Talk to your bank ASAP

SCAM Fuel payments are made from the same place that pay your pension and
they already have your bank details
Advice Talk to your bank ASAP
Thanks for all the advice. Have spoken to both my Bank and Job Centre Plus as I was in a waiting queue for the 0345 number. Apparently it is not unusual to use the alternative 0191 218 number, and Job Centres use it to contact DWP direct. My Bank has agreed to monitor my account for unusual activity.

Latest Threads